Thread: Question about radio alternatives

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Question Question about radio alternatives

Hello friends im interested in buying a radio replacement such as this one:
    Name:  360-Camera-9-Android-11-Carplay-For-Mitsubishi-Mirage-Attrage-2012-2018-Auto-Radio-Multimedia-Vi.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  93.5 KB

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...65247504%21sea

There are a bunch of sellers that appear to be selling the exact same radio. I was wondering if anyone has a radio that looks exactly like the one shown in the photo. If so how do they like it. The feature i am most interested in is Wireless apple CarPlay.

Also if they own a radio im open to recomendations on which specs(memory/processor) they recommend

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-20-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I went with a Joying 9" universal because I needed an optical output. Its a double din chassis like oem, runs android and supports wireless carplay and android auto. Sounds much better than converting the OEM to preout than A/D.
    It is not a drop in, even with the ali express dash bezel. I had to do some adapting to make it fit. If wanting a drop in get an octacore processor and 4gb memory. I had a couldn't confirm with any vendors that the OEM rear view camera and steering wheel controls would work.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    this is common here, ive seen it but im not a fan because its internet dependent, i have a friend this is his business android radio with custom fit panel for different models, i still love my locally supplied stock radio by AVT whose basically made in china but can take me home where ever i am using gps satellite signal not internet, its not real time traffic though but still works pretty fine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-22-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Hello friends im interested in buying a radio replacement such as this one:
    Name:  360-Camera-9-Android-11-Carplay-For-Mitsubishi-Mirage-Attrage-2012-2018-Auto-Radio-Multimedia-Vi.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  93.5 KB

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...65247504%21sea

There are a bunch of sellers that appear to be selling the exact same radio. I was wondering if anyone has a radio that looks exactly like the one shown in the photo. If so how do they like it. The feature i am most interested in is Wireless apple CarPlay.

Also if they own a radio im open to recomendations on which specs(memory/processor) they recommend
    I went with a Sony xav-ax5000 purchased and installed from a local dealer. My DIY days are long behind me, otherwise I probably would have done it myself. Integrated with the OEM backup camera and steering wheel controls. Doesn't have wireless Android, but I didn't care. I considered a Kenwood that had it, but it didn't have a capacitive touch screen like the Sony.

I have to wonder - with the number of reputable shops in your area, why get anything from Ali?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    I have to wonder - with the number of reputable shops in your area, why get anything from Ali?
    Nothing local even comes close to being as cheap as aliexpress. land and labour isnt cheap in a big city, its impossible for them to compete with ali express. the only other place id go would be amazon. The sony unit you mentioned is $700 cad locally. double din radios with carplay start at $120 cad on amazon
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Nothing local even comes close to being as cheap as aliexpress. land and labour isnt cheap in a big city, its impossible for them to compete with ali express. the only other place id go would be amazon. The sony unit you mentioned is $700 cad locally. double din radios with carplay start at $120 cad on amazon
    Sounds like price is the deciding factor for you?
    You have the advantage of being able to DIY, whereas I got them to do all the labour. Peace of mind knowing it's been done right, with recourse if something goes sideways. Over the past 30 years, I've designed, sold, and installed a lot of systems. At this stage of my life, I'd rather just enjoy it. The deck I chose was in stock, so no waiting weeks for it to arrive. And, I'd rather support a locally owned company

Last edited by 88coltturbo; 07-02-2022 at 09:07 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 88coltturbo For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-04-2022)