Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Sway Bar

A guy could just stick a piece of pipe in there and hold it in place with a couple u-bolts or exhaust clamps. I wonder how clangy or squeaky that'd be? Could easily "adjust" it by tightening or loosening clamps? But it'd probably require adjustment regularly, or maybe not? It wouldn't be ideal and would wear out eventually. I can get all the parts easily, it's just the incentive I'm lacking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    It looks like the paint was holding up well. any idea why/how the inside of the tube became rusty?

Does anyone here think painting the inside of the tube with a rust inhibitor or using a spring steel less prone to rust would have made a difference here?
    The older aircraft with 4130 chrome-moly steel tubing were preserved by pumping linseed oil throughout and draining. Worked good as the frames treated this way lasted decades.
    Karl

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CROSSBOLT For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-24-2022)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    The older aircraft with 4130 chrome-moly steel tubing were preserved by pumping linseed oil throughout and draining. Worked good as the frames treated this way lasted decades.
    the tube rusting is not the issue here its the stress the tube receives while the rear cross member is flexing, this type of material is not purposely build to endure torsional stress.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-27-2022)