Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Mirage G4 rear axle out of alignment

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Yeah but you're not in America. You're in America Junior...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

I identifiy as a Venuzualian now.

Every dealer I've dealt with over the last 20 years has sucked in one way or another except for the North side Mitsu dealer who replaced my engine(though it wasn't perfect, but good enough for the girls I go with) and this one Nissan dealer. They've been good to deal with. The Kia dealer near our house was alright and replaced the wifes sunroof under warranty(somehow) but sucked her in for a $100 detail job.

Otherwise, the local Mitsu dealer sucks, 3 gm dealers I've dealt with were just as bad, and the Kia dealer across town sucks. It's not hard to find a crappy dealership. I'm sure lots of people had the same service that I got but feel like they got a great deal cause they got told they so.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi, Thanks everyone for the good info on how to proceed. With my work schedule I have not been able to take the car to an independent shop for an alignment reading. I tried repeatedly on 3 occasion's to speak to the service manager yesterday, but every time got an excuse why I couldn't. He was supposed to call me back. They were also supposed to call me when the Service rep arrived to let me know something. I was unable to be there in person because I had to work yesterday. I'm also 2 hours away from the dealer so Its hard to get there by 5pm. Just a bit more info. This all started because I wanted the SE model only and we really had to search to find them. We bought 2 new G4's from this dealer and they really suck after the sale. There adding $4500 to all the new cars and then treat you like **** after the papers are signed. The 1st G4 came from a dealer in San Antonio TX. They are also sooo crooked there we found out by the end of the day. Adding stuff to the contract, Ect that wasn't discussed. Should have walked away, but we were tired and I really like the car. All I can say is that we bought 5 new G4 SE models in 2017 from a dealer that is no longer in business. The Manager there became my good friend. They were awesome and Any little thing I griped about they fixed. They even let me take any new car I wanted on the lot as a loaner. I miss them dearly. Just seems like all the dealers I have been to that are left in this area are Horrible. I do really love the Mirage G4 but feel betrayed by Mitsubishi for letting there customers be treated this way about service. Sorry for Venting. Thanks Jeff

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2017G4guy For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-30-2022),inuvik (06-30-2022),Top_Fuel (06-30-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20170320_191556_543.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  95.0 KB

This is 2017 with 4 of the new cars.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2017G4guy For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-30-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Try to get the alignment numbers on your car when you can. You really want these in your hand before you talk to the service advisor again. There's also a decent chance that you may not actually have a significant rear axle problem. Unless your rear alignment numbers are really out of whack, you might be OK. My own rear axle alignment values are barely within spec, but with a good front end alignment and tire rotations, I've had no premature tire wear issues with my car.

If the problem is all in the front end, then things should get simpler (cheaper) to solve...especially if it just comes down to replacing a "bent" strut or whatever they are telling you.

I have dealt with Mitsubishi Customer Care before and I had a positive experience. You can read about it here. I never had anyone tell me that the dealer makes the final call and I just need to accept it. So if you still don't get anywhere with the dealer, see if Customer Care will open up a case for you. It helps to be concise, have some facts to present, and don't go blasting the dealership (even if they deserve it).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)