Thread: Preferred Canadian parts source?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Preferred Canadian parts source?

Hi all,

still new around here but I've done little else but read this forum for the last few days. Really appreciate the knowledge and good spirits around here. I hope this is the right place for this question.

I've been looking into ordering a few bits and pieces: transmission filters and fluid and air/cabin filters and I'm just wondering if there is a preferred source for parts for Canadian owners? Doesn't seem all that easy to get transmission fluid and filters up here? Perhaps the dealer is the only/best option? Just thought I'd ask rather than keep hunting.

Still waiting on my 2017 to be ready for pick up, but excited to get on the road. It is just over the recommended kms for a cvt fluid change and wanted to do it myself instead of trusting it to the dealer.

Thanks all. Shortly after I get it I will be making the two day trip to Toronto from Nova Scotia. Hoping to activate the OEM cruise before the trip, but not sure I'll manage to get it done.

There are a few threads on the forum with part numbers for transmission filters. Some chev and nissans use the same ones. As for cvt/transmission fluid, I just use whatever cvt fluid says it meets the J4 specs. Crappy tire probably carries something that’ll work. I work for a smaller(ish) auto parts company so get parts from work. I do shop around sometimes if something is on back order or just unavailable through our suppliers. Like brake drums.. I ordered some from parts avatar the other day, I also ordered some wheel bearings from rock auto cause they carry some dirt cheap ones. If you have a part number I often look on the evil Amazon site. Most prices suck but I’ve gotten great deals (half price of my cost at work) finding parts in the warehouse deals section. Like many sites, their interchange/compatibility charts can’t be trusted fully make sure you’re buying something that you know will fit ahead of time. If in doubt ask on here if something should fit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)