Thread: Does anyone know what the factory window tint percentages are?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question Does anyone know what the factory window tint percentages are?

Title, basically. I want to know what our Mirage's factory window tint percentages are, so it doesn't go below my legal limit when I put on aftermarket tint.

Thanks in advance!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    you have factory window tint?

are you sure it wasn't dealer installed?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    I think what he wants to know is what is the percentage of the OEM tinted ("clear") glass. If you are trying to stay legal (people do that?), you have to consider the tint of the OEM glass combined with the film.

I think OEM glass is around 15% (85% VLT). Your tint shop should have a meter to measure your OEM glass...so they can tell you what you can legally install. I seem to remember my shop telling me that my tint film was legal...but once they put it on over my OEM glass, it would be slightly over the legal limit. I still had them do it. My shop didn't really care if it was legal or not, they would install whatever the customer wanted. But they would let you know if you were technically over the limit.

Net VLT definition and calculation

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-28-2022)

Any tint on the front side glass or windshield is illegal here. But tons of people have.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-28-2022)