Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Australia: SUVs only :-/

Mitsubishi Australia: SUVs only :-/

I hate SUVs, but Mitsubishi Australia doesn't, apparently.

If you were holding out hope for a new-generation Mitsubishi Lancer sedan or Mirage and Colt hatchback, unfortunately, we’ve got some bad news for you.
    https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-new...and-sedans-are

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post

I like SUVs, but I hate to see most cars disappear.

If you like Mitsubishi, I would get one before they all become Nissan clones.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I like SUVs, but I hate to see most cars disappear.

If you like Mitsubishi, I would get one before they all become Nissan clones.
    You don't think the opposite could happen? Maybe Nissan slaps their badge on a current Mitsu?

I'm willing to bet the Mirage has the cost Mitsu a lot less $ in warranty work than what Nissan has had to shell out for the Versa. Could be a win-win for both MFGs, as the Mirage is probably cheaper to manufacture and more reliable

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You don't think the opposite could happen? Maybe Nissan slaps their badge on a current Mitsu?

I'm willing to bet the Mirage has the cost Mitsu a lot less $ in warranty work than what Nissan has had to shell out for the Versa. Could be a win-win for both MFGs, as the Mirage is probably cheaper to manufacture and more reliable
    I am not that optimistic. Australia has dropped all Nissan/Mitsubishi cars except the Nissan Z. The Mitsubishi Triton pickup truck was quite popular in Australia (2nd behind the Toyota Hilux), and it's being replaced by an inferior re-badged Nissan product. I find that rather disgusting!

I predict Nissan will drag Mitsubishi down to their level rather than Mitsubishi pull Nissan up. The recent new Outlander is a good indicator of where things are headed. The Outlander is Mitsubishi's biggest seller in the States, and it is now a Nissan clone. I don't see that trend changing.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I am not that optimistic. Australia has dropped all Nissan/Mitsubishi cars except the Nissan Z. The Mitsubishi Triton pickup truck was quite popular in Australia (2nd behind the Toyota Hilux), and it's being replaced by an inferior re-badged Nissan product. I find that rather disgusting!

I predict Nissan will drag Mitsubishi down to their level rather than Mitsubishi pull Nissan up. The recent new Outlander is a good indicator of where things are headed. The Outlander is Mitsubishi's biggest seller in the States, and it is now a Nissan clone. I don't see that trend changing.
    Yeah leasing the new Outlander is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post

Honestly most people realized the limitations of the sedan and coupe. I do wish the would make a wagon and more hatches
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    Honestly most people realized the limitations of the sedan and coupe. I do wish the would make a wagon and more hatches
    Mitsubishi is the victim of poor leadership with no vision, & it cost them their independence in the auto industry. The Eclipse Cross is a prime example of this. The Eclipse Cross doesn't even compete well with the Mirage. We're looking at 8,947 Eclipse Cross vehicles sold last year. Most companies would dump a vehicle that sold that poorly.

Rather than wedge a SUV between their Outlander & Outlander Sport, they should have been more bold. A more affordable body on frame vehicle like the Toyota 4Runner would have made a splash. Toyota continues to sell more 4Runners/year than all Mitsubishi vehicles combined.

Build a new Montero Sport that can haul toys like campers & boats. You already have two SUVs that don't do that well. Why build three that don't do that well? I'm sorry, but it's just stupid!

I think Mitsubishi has lost its soul to the Alliance.

Leadership matters! Being smart matters! It's more obvious now than ever in my opinion.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I feel you mention what you want, And no I am not attacking your opinion but Mitsubishi needs bread and butter cars per day, not niche. The internet wants evos and turbos and the fact is most want reliable, frugal and convenient.

I just got rid of my mirage auto. I liked it but the mpg was not as stellar as the stick in the real world, Max I was getting was 37 avg.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    I feel you mention what you want, And no I am not attacking your opinion but Mitsubishi needs bread and butter cars per day, not niche. The internet wants evos and turbos and the fact is most want reliable, frugal and convenient.

I just got rid of my mirage auto. I liked it but the mpg was not as stellar as the stick in the real world, Max I was getting was 37 avg.

I want reliable, frugal, and convenient. The market surely does not reflect that!

If most want what you say they want, why have all the better economy cars like Yaris, Fit, Prius-c, etc.... disappeared?

Why have companies like Chevy, Ford, & Chrysler stopped making cars?

Why is Mitsubishi dropping the manual option in the Mirage?

I don't see Mitsubishi becoming much more than a Nissan vendor, but I hope I am wrong.

My local Ford, Chrysler, GM dealerships had 3 or 4 used cars on their lots last time I checked. No new cars! I suppose you could order a Mustang? A good size GM dealership had two Ford Fusions with 75,000-80,000 miles on their lot and that was it last time I checked.

I helped an elderly lady replace her car by going to another nearby town, because of the poor selection in town She bought the one used car @ the GM, Ford, Chrysler, Jeep dealership had on all 4 of their lots, and it was a used Cadillac. She had a Cadillac. So she was happy, but it was the only car they had! There was nothing else to look at.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I want reliable, frugal, and convenient. The market surely does not reflect that!
    Nobody buys them...

If most want what you say they want, why have all the better economy cars like Yaris, Fit, Prius-c, etc.... disappeared?
    Because nobody buys them...

Why have companies like Chevy, Ford, & Chrysler stopped making cars?
    Because nobody buys them...

Why is Mitsubishi dropping the manual option in the Mirage?
    Because nobody buys them

It's supply & demand, if no one buys chocolate cakes, the bakery won't make any... It's easier to make things that most people want,,, then make some things some people want & a few things a few people want...

Last edited by Eggman; 10-02-2022 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Tried fixing quotes - Sorry klroger!
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)