United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Nobody buys them...

Because nobody buys them...

Because nobody buys them...

Because nobody buys them

It's supply & demand, if no one buys chocolate cakes, the bakery won't make any... It's easier to make things that most people want,,, then make some things some people want & a few things a few people want...
    I thought that was my point????

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I thought that was my point????
    That's what I thought too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    It's supply & demand, if no one buys chocolate cakes...
    Mmmmmm chocolate cakes...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    I think all these good points (because nobody buys them...) are a sign of our spoiled ass 1st world country b.s. And I have to believe that much more than 50% of vehicle purchases are based on what the female in a relationship wants. Way more. And as such, SUVs get more massive in order to keep up or out do the Jones'. My wife is the perfect example. She want the biggest most ridiculous, most worthless SUV imaginable. Which isn't going to happen until she's no longer my property.

Pet peeve - I had to wait in a long line last week to take a vehicle through emissions inspection. While waiting in this long line, I shut the car off, put down my windows and it was just a fabulously beautiful and comfortable day. I could have slept right there in the car with the windows down, it was just perfect. I waited in line for about 30 minutes then another 10 minutes to get my emissions done. Before I got in line, up til when I was about done with my emissions (so 40 - 45 minutes), a lady was sitting nearby in her BMX X5 or X7 (I couldn't tell) idling away the whole time, A.C. compressor clicking on/off/on/off the whole time, stuffing her face. The stuffing her face was not an issue. But, it was such a pretty day. Yet there she was idling away the gas. That was last week. This week she's probably bought a Tata model whatever is the SUV, looking down her nose at the Neanderthals that are burning fossil fuels.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)