Thread: New to me mirage

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New to me mirage

Hello all. I just recently started a new job that I have to travel frequently. My uncle owns a salvage yard so he gets access to many different cars. He got his hands on a 2019 Mirage that the previous owner abandoned. So he offered it to me for $6,000. I couldn’t pass it up. So it is new to me. So far I love it. Just wanted to join this page to get advice and help with any issues that may pop up.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HezWag For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-05-2022),Mark (07-07-2022),mohammad (07-06-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Wow, what a steal! We're gonna need all the deets on the car, and a picture, or it never happened.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

precisionxt (07-07-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HezWag View Post
    Hello all. I just recently started a new job that I have to travel frequently. My uncle owns a salvage yard so he gets access to many different cars. He got his hands on a 2019 Mirage that the previous owner abandoned. So he offered it to me for $6,000. I couldn’t pass it up. So it is new to me. So far I love it. Just wanted to join this page to get advice and help with any issues that may pop up.
    An affordable, reliable, & economical Mirage is a great car to own these days! I don't think you will regret your purchase!

Welcome to the forum!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It had 41,000 miles on it when I purchased it from him. I have no idea how to post a photo or I would. Haha. It is the ES hatchback inferno red. I am very happy with it so far. It took me about a week or so to get used to being in such a small car. Blowing over the road and the wind noise, but I’m good now. My other vehicle is a Silverado 1500 so it is a complete opposite vehicle. I drive 100+ miles a day so I needed something with better mpg. I was shocked someone actually abandoned the Mirage bc it is perfectly fine. My uncle needed to replace the driver side mirror cap and put 4 new tires on it. I have ordered the center console and put some hubcaps on the steel wheels and I’ve been driving it everyday with zero issues.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HezWag For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-07-2022)

That is a steal for that car in today's crazy market.

Congrats & welcome to the forum.

You're probably paying for the car pretty fast with the fuel savings.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)