Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starter motor power consumption

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    yah but my battery is original hitachi came from a diesel SUV and it wont fit on my plastic battery box im just not sure but i think its 565 CCA while the original is only 320CCA our 2013-2016 model here have the original hitachi battery the same as yours while the beginning of the locally manufactured unit is 2017-present have a locally made battery but the 2017 model has a 320CCA battery while the 2018-present only have 240CCA, they made the battery smaller from size 55D23 to 34B20. the new battery became literally smaller than the old models and has a lower CCA rating but i think you are right CCA is not the basis of physical size but capacity, so to answer the question no.2 higher CCA have a noticeable benefit yes not on the performance but on longevity.
    Our factory battery is the 55D23L, by Hitachi, & it has 356 CCA (according to owner's manual). If the price were right, I would buy the same battery.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    My brain is stuck on why one would want to do an alternator delete. Unless it is some kind of hardcore racecar (which right from the factory these things are ready to kick Viper ACR ass), or has some type of competition requirement to meet, I'm not understanding why this question exists.

Not knocking it. I'm the king at initiating a worthless / pointless discussion. Would just like to understand.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

I'm considering a cooling system delete.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll admit, I'm considering a clutch delete.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

I like where this is headed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I like where this is headed.
    We must be like brothers. You got all the brains, I got all the odor.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    My brain is stuck on why one would want to do an alternator delete. Unless it is some kind of hardcore racecar (which right from the factory these things are ready to kick Viper ACR ass), or has some type of competition requirement to meet, I'm not understanding why this question exists.

Not knocking it. I'm the king at initiating a worthless / pointless discussion. Would just like to understand.
    Its a fuel economy "upgrade" https://ecomodder.com/wiki/Alternator_delete Although if the battery cost $400+USD and i save like 7% id need to spend $5700 USD in gas to break even. Not counting electricity costs. The inconvenience of charging or the fear of trying to start the car with an intentionally mostly dead battery to drive home on a daily basis.

I also considered cooling system delete like Fummins mentioned. Lots of options there: electric water pump conversion, isolating the heater core to reduce warm up time like foama did here: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-heats-the-car! Full Grill block

Then i look at fully and realize if i spend under $1000 a year on gas im never going to see a return on an investment like this.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Then i look at fully and realize if i spend under $1000 a year on gas im never going to see a return on an investment like this.
    Yeah, it would be tough. Especially at the alternator. I believe (but don't know) the load from alternator is very small. I believe the A/C load to be MUCH GREATER than the alternator. And with that rational, you'd save more fuel by never activating the A/C then by removing the alternator.

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Yeah, it would be tough. Especially at the alternator. I believe (but don't know) the load from alternator is very small. I believe the A/C load to be MUCH GREATER than the alternator. And with that rational, you'd save more fuel by never activating the A/C then by removing the alternator.
    I think mohammad's car has the rare factory ac delete.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-13-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I think mohammad's car has the rare factory ac delete.
    Fummins is correct, my A/C was deleted at the Factory. Ive also already reduced electrical load by installing led bulbs everywhere except turn, brake and reverse lights.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos