Thread: What are the Connectors Used for the Turn Signals

Country
    United States
    Thanks

What are the Connectors Used for the Turn Signals

I would like to add a resistor in parallel with my turn signal circuit so I can replace the incandescent bulb with an LED one. I see that the wiring harness plugs into the bulb socket holder... thing... under the hood and has two wires running into it. Great!

Problem is, I have no idea what kind of connector that is. Anyone here happen to know so I can look it up on Amazon and wire together a plug-and-play resistor kit that doesn't require me to slice up the wiring harness?

So you're looking for a male and female signal light connector so you can buy el cheapo led bulbs then wire in resistors so that they don't hyperflash?

I may be totally wrong but can't you just buy a plug and play light bulb that already has a resistor built into it? It'd be far less dicking around than finding unoptainium parts then soldering them together.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had already bought some turn signals without resistors in so I was hoping to just make the plug-and-play harness and slap it in there. Maybe more effort that is required, yes. I figured the connectors would all be some kind of standard that can be looked up and bought in male/female pairs.

This seems to be the connector (as I remember it). No idea what it would be called. Seems you are advising me that there is in fact no standard and that these are Mitsubishi proprietary?

I really have no idea if that connector is used on other mfg. It very well could be proprietary or might be used on other Japanese cars? There is not a universal light bulb socket connector style that all auto mfg use. That would make life too simple.

I was just making sure you were aware that there is a plug-and-play light bulb available. I like being a cheap ass just as much as the other cheap asses but sometimes prefer the quick and easy way sometimes over the cheap and slow way.

Edit: since when are we allowed to type ass? I thought that was a naughty word? What about ****? Well I guess maybe it's always been that way... **** **** ****

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-12-2022)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    I had already bought some turn signals without resistors in so I was hoping to just make the plug-and-play harness and slap it in there. Maybe more effort that is required, yes. I figured the connectors would all be some kind of standard that can be looked up and bought in male/female pairs.

This seems to be the connector (as I remember it). No idea what it would be called. Seems you are advising me that there is in fact no standard and that these are Mitsubishi proprietary?
    I believe this is what you have in mind..

Visit:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256804290805971.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803582517300.html