Thread: 20 year warranty?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

20 year warranty?

Apparently some dealers at some point offered a 20 year warranty? https://youtu.be/wxM-CbCeVhg?t=45

Thats crazy to think someone would guarantee a 2015 car would run until 2035.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    There are plenty of dealers in the US that sell new cars with a "lifetime" powertrain warranty. My own car came with one but I refused to abide by their specified oil change policy...so my lifetime warranty lasted until my car had about 5,000 miles on it.

HERE is one example of a dealer advertising a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Apparently some dealers at some point offered a 20 year warranty? https://youtu.be/wxM-CbCeVhg?t=45

Thats crazy to think someone would guarantee a 2015 car would run until 2035.
    My 2017 ES manual came with a lifetime/unlimited mileage powertrain warranty from White Bear. Like Top Fuel, I haven't cared enough about it to read all the fine print to keep the warranty legit.

Dealers are banking on customers not keeping their vehicles that long. I can't see where having the extra warranty costed me anything extra. My closing costs were about $850, & about $510 of that would have been Wisconsin sales tax. The other $340 covered things like title registration, documentation fees, & whatever. Since the car was 2/3 window sticker, I wasn't going to bicker over a few hundred dollars in closing costs. Especially, when two of their employees spent most of a day delivering my car & driving back. I'm sure the warranties cost them something, but it can't be that much. If I felt an extended warranty was a tack on cost, I would have politely declined it.

The AVERAGE VEHICLE AGE on the road in the States is now 12.1 years old (this has increased the past 5 years in a row). There must be some older vehicles still going strong well beyond 12 years to make that the average number. My Forester is 11 years old. I have no plans to replace it any time soon. My hope is that my 2011 Forester 2.5X manual goes 20+ years, & my Mirage is helping make that happen!

I still see 1988-93 Ford Festiva cars at times. I saw one the other day that was still in great shape. I miss simple, affordable economy cars like those. Even a base model Mirage seems like a luxury hatchback compared to one of those.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    mohammad - Through 7milesout Enterprises Incorporated LLC, (R)(TM) all rights reserved and so on and so forth, I will offer you a 21 year unlimited miles warranty. The premium is only $999,999. Do we have a deal?

Woohoo! Today is going to be a great day! I'm already on a roll!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-14-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    mohammad - Through 7milesout Enterprises Incorporated LLC, (R)(TM) all rights reserved and so on and so forth, I will offer you a 21 year unlimited miles warranty. The premium is only $999,999. Do we have a deal?

Woohoo! Today is going to be a great day! I'm already on a roll!
    I would like to counter offer at 999,999 Russian rubles for a 21 year warranty that includes consumables like oil and tires.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My 2017 ES manual came with a lifetime/unlimited mileage powertrain warranty from White Bear.
    Dang, WB is badass.

Dealers are banking on customers not keeping their vehicles that long.
    True.

The AVERAGE VEHICLE AGE on the road in the States is now 12.1 years old (this has increased the past 5 years in a row). There must be some older vehicles still going strong well beyond 12 years to make that the average number. My Forester is 11 years old. I have no plans to replace it any time soon. My hope is that my 2011 Forester 2.5X manual goes 20+ years, & my Mirage is helping make that happen!
    My 2000 Dodge Ram has been on the road since October 1999. Almost 23 years old and runs and drives GREAT! Just say no to DEF!

I still see 1988-93 Ford Festiva cars at times. I saw one the other day that was still in great shape. I miss simple, affordable economy cars like those. Even a base model Mirage seems like a luxury hatchback compared to one of those.
    I don't see them down here in my area. To be honest, I'm the only non-spoiled-brat here in my neck of the woods. And, I was in college when the truly awesome cheap cars were being produced. I didn't care for them at that time. I really missed out on that boat, and a nice boat it was. I did try to get a Honda Civic VX hatch, but I was too poor.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)