United States
    Thanks
    if ya need a 2022 FL tester let me know i am in titusville area

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillAce View Post
    Underbody aero is something i want to focus on. Could give improvements in mpg and handling. I think the rear bumper design legend itself to a diffuser.
    I actually did quite a bit of studying on "tuning" EFI. I'm ready and chomping at the bit to tune the Blueberry. But only for mpg. Not that I wouldn't tune for hp. But ... to me, hp is unimportant in the Mirage. Let's say I tune it to the absolute best tune for hp an otherwise stock Mirage can achieve. I'd still get my ass handed to me by a stock Fit. So why bother? That's not the strong suit of the Mirage. MPG is its strong suit.

But until there's a foolproof way (that I know of) to tap the ECU of the Mirage and not brick it, I'll just drive it as is and enjoy the marvel it is from the factory.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Underbody aero is something i want to focus on. Could give improvements in mpg and handling. I think the rear bumper design legend itself to a diffuser.
    Well, there's a lot of things that I could make for these vehicles. I can do mods that lean towards better gas mileage or more power. i am including aerodynamics as something for future production. But right now I'm focusing mainly on getting these things to lay down a little bit more power

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Get some coroplast and see where there are big, un-aerodynamic holes/bumps under the car. Cut the coroplast keeping in mind how to overlap the sheets, how to attach to the car, and moving/hot parts to avoid. I collected a bunch of coroplast, but I never got around to making a bellypan. I started thinking about this when I had a Nissan pickup... https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...ect-18230.html
    Another thought: try finding smaller side mirrors.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Magenta For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-18-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    Another thought: try finding smaller side mirrors.
    The side mirrors for the previous gen Mirage 1997-2001 appear to be smaller than the current generation. It could be a optical illusion dimension wise but they still are available on rock auto for a brave soul to try.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I actually did quite a bit of studying on "tuning" EFI. I'm ready and chomping at the bit to tune the Blueberry. But only for mpg. Not that I wouldn't tune for hp. But ... to me, hp is unimportant in the Mirage. Let's say I tune it to the absolute best tune for hp an otherwise stock Mirage can achieve. I'd still get my ass handed to me by a stock Fit. So why bother? That's not the strong suit of the Mirage. MPG is its strong suit.

But until there's a foolproof way (that I know of) to tap the ECU of the Mirage and not brick it, I'll just drive it as is and enjoy the marvel it is from the factory.

well, thats where ive been hung up. i HAVE tuned mirage ECU's and the run like clockwork. but theres alot of custom wiring involved. but now that i have "cracked the code" so to speak, nows the part where i make it work so it is literally just plug n play.

the Tuning software was written by me, it is only compatable with the modded ECU's im making over here.

now im honing it down to where you can use the factory ecu and its harness. adding a port for data read and write. along with developing a live data readout. this includes a live built in dyno, live AFR's, timing, coolant and oil temp/ pressure... among some other goodies like data recording for remote tuning.

heres the kicker though... with it being fully tunable, you can go either way! want some more power? go for it! trying to scrape better mileage? well, you can do that too!

ill also have set maps for each thing. all parts that are purchased by me will have their own tune to go with it. so lets say you buy the intake and manifold... youll get a "base tune" and youll data record. send the recorded data back to me and ill make the minor adjustments from there based on IAT, altitude, And AFR's along with a couple other variants that could lead to less power, or non ideal running.

same for if you get just the intake, or just the exhaust. or any combination of everything ill be producing.

good news and bad news... bad news? nothing will be released until ALL parts and their combinations are tested, and their respective tunes are dialed in.

good news though, that means once i do release everything? you can just buy it and go. no waiting for anything like updated tunes, or any other Time hindrances OTHER than shipping time.

i may go the other way though. im thinking about dropping the intake and manifold along with its tune so people can get a taste of what ive got going on on my end.

not sure yet, but im very excited either way to get these things going!

its MPG is its strongsuit yes, but im not tuning these thing up to go out and kill lambos or anything. i enjoy a quick car cause its fun! and with all parts on the car and a solid tune? i dont the the EXACT power youd make, but i have a pretty spot on idea, and ill just say, you would WALK a honda fit with everything said and done LOL.

As said before though, if you want more MPG, the option will be and already is (on my end) there. and will be availible to you and all once i get these things out the door!
    Last edited by ThatOneMirage; 07-20-2022 at 02:05 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 357sigman View Post
    if ya need a 2022 FL tester let me know i am in titusville area
    ill keep you in mind! i want to try to stay away from testers though incase something lets go in the engine or some unforseen event happens, as this is part of R&D for making one off performance parts.

but maybe once i hone things in more, it would be nice to have another car to see how the tunes transfer from one car to another!
    Last edited by ThatOneMirage; 07-18-2022 at 11:48 PM. Reason: spelling error

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOneMirage For This Useful Post:

357sigman (07-22-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    ThatOneMirage - I don't recall off-hand, but what table is it from which most tuning is done?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-20-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneMirage View Post

the Tuning software was written by me, it is only compatable with the modded ECU's im making over here.

now im honing it down to where you can use the factory ecu and its harness. adding a port for data read and write. along with developing a live data readout. this includes a live built in dyno, live AFR's, timing, spark, coolant and oil temp/ pressure... among some other goodies like data recording for remote tuning.
    Please tell us more about how your software allows us to access the Mirages oil pressure and temperature
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    ThatOneMirage - I don't recall off-hand, but what table is it from which most tuning is done?
    the one that lets you put the fattest crackle tune on your car, duh.

being serious though, fuel and timing are the main two if you are going at it simply. and thats what im working on making adjustable.

i couldnt say which is more important, as they both need equal attention when tuning. theres other tables and tuning parameters you can play with as well. i could sit here and list em all day and explain them. stuff like post start enrichment, VVT tuning, or simple things like idle speed. alot of stuff to play with.