Thread: I Found An AMAZING App To FINALLY Monitor The Mirage CVT :)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Talking I Found An AMAZING App To FINALLY Monitor The Mirage CVT :)

So I've REALLY wanted to monitor Temps and whatnot on the CVT in the mirage but couldn't find any software to do so.
    Then after days of hunting i came across CVTz50, It Tells you EVERYTHING about your mirage, HP generated (topped out at 68hp WOT), Temps, Pressures, It even monitors Fluid degradation in the CVT to an extent. Its flippin amazing, Stats for nerds for your car, It's available for android and IOS on the google play store.

Attached Images Attached Images   

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 45.5 mpg (US) ... 19.4 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrMPG For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (07-16-2022),inuvik (07-16-2022),Top_Fuel (07-16-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Looks pretty cool! I assume this runs of of some sort of Bluetooth thingy plugged into the OBDII port?

I emailed ScanGauge years ago about how to access the CVT temperature but never heard back from them. They don't even list the Mirage on their Mitsubishi X-gauge page

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Looks pretty cool! I assume this runs of of some sort of Bluetooth thingy plugged into the OBDII port?

I emailed ScanGauge years ago about how to access the CVT temperature but never heard back from them. They don't even list the Mirage on their Mitsubishi X-gauge page
    Yep it needs a Quality ELM327 OBD2 bluetooth adapter. they have a compatible adapter list

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 45.5 mpg (US) ... 19.4 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMPG For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (07-16-2022)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Found several ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII adapters on Amazon from $9.99 to $2795 USD. Now, which one is "good quality?"
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    Found several ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII adapters on Amazon from $9.99 to $2795 USD. Now, which one is "good quality?"
    The one i purchased was about $30 and specifically listed as good in the compatibility test by the developer That was the cheapest compatible one listed. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGB4873...roduct_details, The ones under $20-30 usually don't work as they use fake components and say it ELM327 compatible when it isn't, I tried a $9.99 Panlong branded adapter and while it would connect it wouldn't read CVT dataName:  Capture.PNG
Views: 450
Size:  82.3 KB
    Last edited by MrMPG; 07-16-2022 at 07:16 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMPG For This Useful Post:

craigq (07-17-2022)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Can you change the settings, theres a setting called engine braking or something similar but it wouldn't do anything, my adapter is el cheapo though

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    Can you change the settings, theres a setting called engine braking or something similar but it wouldn't do anything, my adapter is el cheapo though
    i haven't actually tried that yet. I wouldn't mind disabling engine braking for more coasting action though. Even though it doesn't have much engine braking anyway lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No love for the manual transmission