Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023...?? Mirage availability

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Half the US is broke or damn near close to it. It'd be foolish for Mitsubishi to discontinue the Mirage IMO. Inflation prices are here to stay, as well as wage stagnation for working class people. I guarantee the MFGs who pulled out of the econobox competition are already in the board room figuring out how to get back in.
    Mitsubishi is no longer calling the shots. They have the Alliance making those decisions for them now.

Companies like Honda & Toyota have small car offerings in other parts of the world. It wouldn't take much for them to add those small cars to their line up here. I see no signs of that happening.

Average new vehicle costs were $47,148 in May 2022. People expect & want a lot of extra garbage on their vehicles these days, and that is costly.

Years ago, pickup trucks were cheaper than cars. Today's trucks are loaded with features. I grew up around a very rural farming community. I don't remember a single farmer owning a 4WD truck in northern Wisconsin as a kid. Now, I can't think of anyone who owns a RWD truck let alone a standard cab truck.

Base model economy vehicles don't exist any more. You could buy a brand new Mirage ES manual @ WB for $7,500-$9,500 (depending on how many rebates you qualified for) in 2017. There should be some profit made on a $18,000+ Mirage in 2022. Changing the bumpers couldn't have changed the cost of manufacturing that much.

I personally think the Mirage is already being phased out, because inventory is nothing like it was 2 years ago. I hope that trend changes. Given the current economy, I would have thought the Mirage would become a bigger seller. Dealers can't sell what they don't have, however. Some people are not going to consider a Mirage @ $20,000 a good value, because at that price I wouldn't stray from looking at used vehicles. Used vehicles prices are nuts, too!

Here's the average used vehicle price for your state below -

https://ktla.com/automotive/this-is-...in-each-state/

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Now, I can't think of anyone who owns a RWD truck let alone a standard cab truck.
    Think of me. I own a Standard Cab Short Bed 2WD pickup truck. I also own a Quad Cab Long Bed 4WD pickup. I'm covering a lot of ground I am. And spent very few dollars in doing so. I'd rather have my dad than to have his truck though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (07-20-2022)

I had to wait 8 months on my Space Star (it is planned for next week, with a small chance of it being delivered this week)

According to my dealer, Mitsu has some serious manufacturing issues, that apparently led them to make some unfortunate/questionable choices/decisions on my order.

Transportation in and around Europe has been a problem for the longest time as well. It can take weeks to get the car shipped to the dealer, even when it arrived relatively close to the destination. Caused by shortage of personnel, I believe.
    Last edited by vintzend; 07-21-2022 at 07:13 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I forget where I read it, but there is some speculation that the next gen Mirage will be a re-badged Nissan Micra/Renault Twingo variant.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    I forget where I read it, but there is some speculation that the next gen Mirage will be a re-badged Nissan Micra/Renault Twingo variant.
    OR we could become the next Australia, where Mitsubishi dropped their car offerings -

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/

FYI - Nissan also dropped all their cars for Australia, except the new Z.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    OR we could become the next Australia, where Mitsubishi dropped their car offerings -

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/

FYI - Nissan also dropped all their cars for Australia, except the new Z.
    Or we could become like Africa, where they opened up a new market.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 88coltturbo For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-21-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    Or we could become like Africa, where they opened up a new market.
    I don't think that will matter. I see Mitsubishi becoming Nissan products in North America. If you like Nissan, that's not all bad.

I prefer the old days when Mitsubishi was the one making products for other manufacturers like the old Plymouth/Dodge Colts & such.

I know I may sound like a pessimist, but it's me being a realist. I think the new Outlander (with a Nissan powertrain) is where things are headed.

The Triton was the 2nd best selling truck in Australia. Even though it was quite popular there, the new Triton is becoming a Nissan clone. Why not make the less popular Nissan truck a Mitsubishi clone?

I don't see the Alliance being a great move for Mitsubishi unless you are a big fan of Nissan products here or Renault products in Europe.

Nissan/Mitsubishi will be like comparing a Hyundai to a KIA eventually. That's my prediction at least. I would love to be wrong, however!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-22-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Nissan/Mitsubishi will be like comparing a Hyundai to a KIA eventually. That's my prediction at least. I would love to be wrong, however!
    Oh hell, I hope your wrong! Where's my anti-nausea medicine?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (08-06-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I don't think that will matter. I see Mitsubishi becoming Nissan products in North America. If you like Nissan, that's not all bad.

I prefer the old days when Mitsubishi was the one making products for other manufacturers like the old Plymouth/Dodge Colts & such.

I know I may sound like a pessimist, but it's me being a realist. I think the new Outlander (with a Nissan powertrain) is where things are headed.

The Triton was the 2nd best selling truck in Australia. Even though it was quite popular there, the new Triton is becoming a Nissan clone. Why not make the less popular Nissan truck a Mitsubishi clone?

I don't see the Alliance being a great move for Mitsubishi unless you are a big fan of Nissan products here or Renault products in Europe.

Chicken tax right? Mitsu needs to put their badge on a Frontier in order to sell in North America.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Oh hell, I hope your wrong! Where's my anti-nausea medicine?
    Hasn't this already started in a way?

How is comparing an Mitsubishi Outlander to a Nissan Rogue and different than someone comparing a Kia Sportage to a Hyundai Tuscon?

Both the Sportage ($25,990 starting price) & Tuscon ($25,800) have the same 2.5L engine with an 8-speed automatic transmission. It's the same vehicle wrapped in a different package.

Hasn't Nissan & Mitsubishi done the same with the updated Rogue & Outlander?