Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023...?? Mirage availability

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Chicken tax right? Mitsu needs to put their badge on a Frontier in order to sell in North America.
    Mitsubishi Triton was a cool truck. There's a reason it was the 2nd best selling truck in Australia. It's sad to hear it being replaced by a Nissan product. What you're suggesting does nothing for someone like me. Mitsubishi dealerships either suck or are lacking in my state. If I wanted a Frontier, I would buy one from a Nissan dealership.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Mitsubishi Triton was a cool truck. There's a reason it was the 2nd best selling truck in Australia. It's sad to hear it being replaced by a Nissan product. What you're suggesting does nothing for someone like me. Mitsubishi dealerships either suck or are lacking in my state. If I wanted a Frontier, I would buy one from a Nissan dealership.
    Frontier has a good reputation for reliability, one of the few Nissan products still left that does lol.

I'd drive a Mitsu Frontier with a 100k mile warranty.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Frontier has a good reputation for reliability, one of the few Nissan products still left that does lol.

I'd drive a Mitsu Frontier with a 100k mile warranty.
    Of all the Nissan products, the Frontier is the only one I would consider, too! I think it went pretty much unchanged for 17 years before the last update.

The Triton would have offered another alternative.

Sadly, the Triton will most likely disappear. If Mitsubishi offers a Nissan truck here some day, it will be like comparing a Chevy to a GMC. Same truck wrapped in a slightly different package.

I just think Mitsubishi as we know it is experiencing a slow death!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-22-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Hyundai bought Kia in 1999. They are one company name. However I think it was wise of Hyundai to leave the Kia group mostly intact and leave them their name. If Nissan buys Mitsubishi, it would be the same situation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Hyundai bought Kia in 1999. They are one company name. However I think it was wise of Hyundai to leave the Kia group mostly intact and leave them their name. If Nissan buys Mitsubishi, it would be the same situation.
    Nissan owns controlling shares at 34% IIRC, however Mitsubishi Corp, one of the largest mega conglomerate keiretsu in Japan, owns the remaining shares in Mitsubishi Motors. I believe it breaks down to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries owning 20% and so on with the other sister branches like Mitsubishi Banking, Shipping, Electronics, Fuso, etc. They are all heavily invested in one another.

I don't fear Mitsubishi leaving the North American market at all, even with a lot of Nissan rebadges in their line up. The Tri-Star MFG is Japan's oldest and it is a matter of national pride that Mitsubishi still sell cars in North America for the Japanese government. Losing face is everything in Japanese culture and for Mitsu to pull out would be a huge blow to the prestige of their company. Suzuki, Isuzu, neither one of these MFGs comes close to having a parent company/safety net that Mitsubishi Motors does.

Fun fact. Once a month in Tokyo, the CEOs of each sister company in Mitsubishi Corp chairs a meeting to discuss their investments in each other. It was reported the heads of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Banking we're putting pressure on Motors to have a halo car in their line up again! It's funny to the think Mitsu Heavy Industries, a company that makes a stealth fighter "Shin Shin" with Lockheed Martin is pissed there's no Lancer Evolution anymore. lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I may be wrong, but I sense the Nissan-Renault-Mitsubishi Alliance is calling the shots & Mitsubishi lost a lot of their independence after the merger.

I don't feel Mitsubishi is going anywhere. I think they are here to stay in North America, but I think their new models will share platforms with Nissan models. Whether Nissan actually owns Mitsubishi or not is a bit irrelevant.

I am not a big fan of Nissan. If the merger had been with someone like Toyota, I would be more enthusiastic about it all.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    https://www.carscoops.com/2022/07/is...old-mirage-g4/

Hopefully there's a hatchback as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    https://www.carscoops.com/2022/07/is...old-mirage-g4/

Hopefully there's a hatchback as well.
    Versa, Sentra, Altima, or Maxima clone maybe?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (07-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Versa, Sentra, Altima, or Maxima clone maybe?
    I'd say Versa, since it's the closest to what the Mirage is. I'm going to be sad if it's rocking a 4 banger, rather than a 3. I assume the Versa is a heavier car too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    I'd say Versa, since it's the closest to what the Mirage is. I'm going to be sad if it's rocking a 4 banger, rather than a 3. I assume the Versa is a heavier car too.
    The article seemed to be pure speculation on what it could be?

Nissan has 4 sedans in their line up. The Alliance may feel Mitsubishi could handle two?

I am just speculating.