Thread: A blue 2022?

A blue 2022?

When the 2022 USDM Mirage appeared on the scene the color blue was no longer an option. If you wanted a blue Mirage with the latest facelift your only choice was a 2021.

While window shopping for Mirages I stumbled upon this, a blue 2022! It's being offered at O'Brien Mitsubishi in Normal, Illinois.

https://www.obrienteammits.com/inven...auhjxnh007513/

Name:  Screenshot_20220723-144045.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  99.7 KB

If you download the Monroney window sticker from the dealership or the Mitsubishi website, it says Sapphire Blue as the color, nice! I'd say this is pretty rare.

UPDATE: I made a mistake and assumed this applied to the manual transmission Mirage. It seems all the colors are still available only with the CVT.

Last edited by davidricardo86; 07-24-2022 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Added screenshot

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Yes. Mitsubishi, in their infinite wisdom, decided to pull a Toyota and only offer certain colors with certain transmissions. For reasons that mystify me.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Yes. Mitsubishi, in their infinite wisdom, decided to pull a Toyota and only offer certain colors with certain transmissions. For reasons that mystify me.
    Aren't they simplifying the production line without loosing customers? I highly doubt a manual transmission mirage drivers going to walk away because blue is no longer being offered.

Similar to how bmw sells auto high beams, heated steering wheel, heated seats, CarPlay(previously) as software upgrades. All manufacturers are currently trying to be like tesla and reduce the number of unique vehicle styles coming out of the factory. Tesla will sell you everything from an acceleration upgrade to rear heated seats as online purchases.

The corollas no longer offered as a manual, im not even sure what competition exists in the manual poverty vehicle space?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    I highly doubt a manual transmission mirage drivers going to walk away because blue is no longer being offered.
    I might have. Because blue is just bad ass. It gives a Mirage clout, power, just looks badass, handles better, and trust me when I say, the panties hit the floor. OK, Ok, ok, I exaggerate a tiny bit. My blue 2020 5-speed must be kind of rare.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-25-2022),vintzend (07-26-2022)