Thanks

Scotty Kilmer

Thought?

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/s...hy-194343.html

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Mostly just click bait. you can't compare a car to an airplane. You can still be poor and go buy some base model toyota which doesn't have any of the features he mentioned. Also, Its not like having a wireless phone charger fail in your car is going to effect reliability. A normal person would obviously continue driving their poverty wagon even after all the parking sensors and phone chargers fail.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (07-25-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have never made it 2 minutes into a SK video. Cant stand the dude. Probably won't click on that one either.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (07-26-2022),daleWV (07-25-2022),mohammad (07-25-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Mostly just click bait. you can't compare a car to an airplane. You can still be poor and go buy some base model toyota which doesn't have any of the features he mentioned. Also, Its not like having a wireless phone charger fail in your car is going to effect reliability. A normal person would obviously continue driving their poverty wagon even after all the parking sensors and phone chargers fail.
    It may just be click bait, but what does 5.17 million subscribers earn someone per month? Look up Scotty Kilmer's net worth & decide what it might be?

I don't think affordable base level vehicles exist today. I would take any vehicle from the 1995-2005 time period over anything on the market today. The Honda 2.4L engine was very reliable. I would NOT buy a Honda vehicle that has the 1.5L GDI engine that replaced it.

Whether someone loves him or hates him, I think Scotty is doing what he loves to do & could care less. His wife drives a 2003 Lexus he picked up for $3,000. 2007 Toyota Matrix seems to be their primary vehicle and this 1994 Celica is own personal car. The guy is easily a millionaire, but he's spent less than $8,000 or so on his own personal vehicles in his entire lifetime (age 68). Vehicles are not investments, and Scotty understands that better than most!

I miss vehicles that offer more affordable base models. People like a lot of crap on their cars these days. Watch a vehicle review these day and a lot of time is spent on whether or not the vehicle has a 8" or 9" touch screen.

The fact that the average new vehicle cost is over $47,000 now is nuts! Life is too short to throw that much money at vehicles, but I may not be the norm either.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-25-2022)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    for me if the defect is quite unrelated to safety and drivability you cant consider it in general as a unreliable car, people who consider a car unreliable just because they cant pair their iphone on its radio should not be allowed to review cars.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-25-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    for me if the defect is quite unrelated to safety and drivability you cant consider it in general as a unreliable car, people who consider a car unreliable just because they cant pair their iphone on its radio should not be allowed to review cars.
    I take stock in what mechanics & owners say about cars.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I have never made it 2 minutes into a SK video. Cant stand the dude. Probably won't click on that one either.
    This. The guy mostly just waves his arms around and rants about how great 90s Toyotas are.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    This. The guy mostly just waves his arms around and rants about how great 90s Toyotas are.
    90s Toyota are great, however!