Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is my suspension bad?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernadine View Post
    I bought a second tire to replace the left rear just in case that was the case, but haven't gotten around to getting it done yet. Would the off-kilter feeling still be noticeable if I had under 5,000 miles on my other tires?
    I would try to match tire pairs on each axle as close as possible. I used up a pair of my original factory Dunlops along with a pair of cheaper Federal SS657 tires. I currently have a pair of Kumho Solus TA31 tires on my front axle and Nexen N'Priz AH5 on my rear axle. I haven't had issues using tires in pairs in this way, & I have been doing things this way since my former 1990 Ford Festiva (over 30 years).

I would try the same tires/brands on the same axle & see if that helps. I realize the one tire has some miles on it already.

My AWD vehicles have been a different story. I make sure all 4 tires match, & they are rotated on a regular basis.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Bernadine (08-15-2022)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 678 Posts
    The easiest and cheapest thing possible, would be to check the air pressure. If you travel on bad roads, keep the pressure not lower than 40psi.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Bernadine (08-16-2022)