Thread: Fog lights not working

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Fog lights not working

Added fog lights to my 2020 Mirage using fog lights out of 2015, swapped the whole bumper due to wreck. So the car has the right column switch, already had fuses in place in both fuse boxes, i added a panasonic relay under the hood, according to etacs decoder the fog lights were already enabled in the car's computer, but still the light on the dash will not illuminate and the foglights do not turn on. I thought maybe the bulbs might be bad, since I didn't know their working condition, but I have read on this site that the dashboard light illuminates even when people are missing fuses, so I don't think burned out bulbs would be stopping the light on the dash. any Ideas on what I might be missing here?

Are you saying that fog lights were already enabled on your car that didn't come with factory fog lights? That's unlikely. I'd guess your problem is it's not activated or not done properly. Do a search on the forum and you should find some threads with instructions on how to enable fog lights without a computer.

Here, it's probably easier this way. Give this a try https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...er-connection)
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Are you saying that fog lights were already enabled on your car that didn't come with factory fog lights? That's unlikely. I'd guess your problem is it's not activated or not done properly. Do a search on the forum and you should find some threads with instructions on how to enable fog lights without a computer.

Here, it's probably easier this way. Give this a try https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...er-connection)
    Well I had tried once before with the door shutting method and it didn't work, I tried it again since you posted it, the instructions are unclear at first it says turn the switch to on, but then it says once started. So I just got it to work and here is what I did differently than when I tried this method two weeks ago. I turned the headlights on, then i turned key to on but did not start the car this time did door thing then fog light switch and got the beeps. Now the fog lights are working. Thanks for sharing that method I'm glad it worked for me this time.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hkpotts1 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-27-2022),inuvik (07-27-2022),mohammad (07-28-2022)