Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad gas milage in new to me mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    At 37 mpg doing delivery, you're probably KILLING any other delivery driver's fuel expense. I don't know, but I believe lower compression would lead to lower mpg. Maybe not substantially lower, but lower. Lower power too, but again, maybe not noticeable except maybe if you were on a drag strip racing against an equivalent Mirage with higher CR.
    Yes we are killing the others with their v6 and v8s; I actually had a woman tip me $30 because I drive a car that is economical. We make between 70 and 100 dollars a night in fuel reimbursement and only use 18 dollars at most, but that is why I am upset, maybe I am over reacting, if the car has 10 less mpg while delivering that cuts into the profit margin.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Ohhhhh ... Holden Beach. Really great memories of one trip there with my buds from high school. I would stick to the maintenance related items that Fummins mentioned. Do that, then reevaluate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Ohhhhh ... Holden Beach. Really great memories of one trip there with my buds from high school. I would stick to the maintenance related items that Fummins mentioned. Do that, then reevaluate.
    Have CVT reprogramming and flush and filter change scheduled for Thursday, will see what that does for it. I work in Myrtle Beach, they had a mustang convention last night, maybe we should do a MB Mirage convention this season

Quote Originally Posted by hkpotts1 View Post
    Have CVT reprogramming and flush and filter change scheduled for Thursday, will see what that does for it. I work in Myrtle Beach, they had a mustang convention last night, maybe we should do a MB Mirage convention this season
    Yikes, a Mustang meet? Hopefully, everyone is okay!

Attachment 24022Attachment 24023Attachment 24024Attachment 24025 I have one more but it's far worse....
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hahaha I needed a good laugh before work.
    Last edited by hkpotts1; 07-30-2022 at 06:30 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am assuming the new to you '15 has LRR tires like the others? Or new cheap mudders with lots o tread?

Bad tires and a little bit of brake drag or a wheel bearing starting to go and ... I guarantee you could see those losses...

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-01-2022)