Thread: 2023 Mitsubishi Space Star Instyle CVT (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mitsubishi
    Space Star Instyle CVT
    Majestic Red
    CVT (sorry! :-D)

*** Sold in January 2024 ***

Had to wait 8 months, after ordering. It's the Dutch top trim level of the 2023 range of the Space Star.

Supposedly because of the chip shortage, Mitsubishi dropped about all modern safety systems and some random other stuff from the 2022 InStyle CVT version, but made some other features exclusive to this 2023 InStyle (i.e. heated seats) to make up for it. The only truly new 2023 feature is the automatic dimming rear view mirror. It still has the camera, keyless entry and start button, obviously.

All Dutch trim levels only feature a 72hp (or is it 71?) 1.2L motor for a number of years now. A slight downgrade for me, as my previous 2018 Space Star had a 80 hp 1.2 motor. It's noticeable, but not a deal breaker IMO.

I love the look of the car: I upgraded, from the 2018, because I'm a big fan of the third facelift. I added several OEM options over time.

Details

Additional options:
    Sports Pack 1 (body kit)
    Parking sensors (front/back)
    Chrome decoration at the back.

Trunk:
    OEM Accessory Cargo Storage ("Accessoires Box")

Additional options:
    Light bulbs replaced with LED variants.
    Scuff plates (OEM, European version)

SDA multimedia system (standard for Instyle)

•  

Keyless Protector chip.

•  

15" alu trims (standard for Instyle)
    15" alu all-black (winter tires set)

Comments: 3 / Views: 2613
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Looking good my fellow infrared Mirage owner! I wish I had your alloys and proximity key, you can keep the push button start though lol.

I'm confused though. The Mirage comes with either a 1.0L or a 1.2L engine. Are you saying there's an in between, new engine now?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

vintzend (07-28-2022)

Haha, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'm confused though. The Mirage comes with either a 1.0L or a 1.2L engine. Are you saying there's an in between, new engine now?
    I can only find a Dutch article about this, from fall 2020. https://www.autoweek.nl/autonieuws/a...st-basismotor/

Dat betekent dat elke Mitsubishi Space Star vanaf nu de 1.2 driecilinder onder de kap heeft, die niet alleen met een handgeschakelde vijfbak, maar ook met een CVT-automaat te koop is. Daarbij haalt Mitsubishi een opvallende truc uit. Het vermogen van de voorheen 80 pk en 106 Nm sterke 1.2 wordt teruggeschroefd naar 71 pk en 102 Nm. Na de motorische aanpassingen voldoet de Space Star aan de actuele emissienormen.
    Loosely translates to:

"This means that every Space Star will be a 1.2 liter three cylinder car from now on, available in manual and CVT variants. Mitsubishi performs an unusual trick: instead of the former 80 hp and 106 NM 1.2 motor, it now reduces it to 71 hp and 102 Nm. After this change, it confirms to current emission laws."
    Last edited by vintzend; 07-28-2022 at 06:24 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    Haha, thank you!

I can only find a Dutch article about this, from fall 2020. https://www.autoweek.nl/autonieuws/a...st-basismotor/

Loosely translates to:

"This means that every Space Star will be a 1.2 liter three cylinder car from now on, available in manual and CVT variants. Mitsubishi performs an unusual trick: instead of the former 80 hp and 106 NM 1.2 motor, it now reduces it to 71 hp and 102 Nm. After this change, it confirms to current emission laws."
    Ahhh I see, thank you. So Mitsubishi tweeked the engine to barely fit EU standards. Very smart. I'm sure the power difference between my car and yours is miniscule in reality.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-30-2022),vintzend (07-28-2022)