Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Front Fog light switch not working.

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    @ shepardel

Your first post is confusing at the least.
    What you call fog lights is exactly the same as what in Europe is called DRL's (daytime running lights).
    The way they work, how they go on and off, what they look like, all is exactly the same as what we call DRL.
    DRL are mandatory for all new cars in Europe since about 2010. There are no front fog lights on these cars here, because the possible place is occupied by the mandatory DRL's. The DRL's go on and off with the ignition, and also automatically turn off when headlights are on. There is no DRL on and off switch for operation by the driver.

The fog lights in Europe consists only of one red lamp on the left rear of the vehicle, built into the left rear tail light. Nothing else! The switch to it is a little "ring" on the stalk of the regular light switch to the left and forward of the steering wheel. That rear fog light will only then go on, when the regular night-time lights (headlights) are on. It can not be turned on without the headlights being on.

You wrote:
    I think the only solution that might work is to rewire the cables to the switch handle of the wheel.

I say:
    Why on earth rewire a properly and perfectly operating car?

You said: And then sell this car and buy Toyota.

I say: These are no less reliable and no less long lasting, but its your car and your money
    Thank you for your reply and time you put into writing it, I really appreciate that.

Well I need the fog lights as I said above, I didn’t need them at the time when I bought the car, but now I need it.

I also don’t understand as Mitz posted the car manual and it says FOG lights in the same place as DRL in other models, huh? Really?

If I can’t do anything about it, can’t control the on off switch for that, then for me and my own opinion it’s a trash car.

Thanks and have a good week!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepardl View Post
    If I can’t do anything about it, can’t control the on off switch for that, then for me and my own opinion it’s a trash car.
    Thanks and have a good week!
    It's a shame to loose such a valuable member as he's clearly right in his mind & the operation of Fog Lights that he doesn't understand is easily enough to justify replacing the car... I asked if they ever worked & he described DRL operation, he said all cars in Israel have fog lights, he said he didn't need them when he bought the car, but the car is Trash now because it doesn't have Fog Lights...I'm sure someone could have walked him thru installing OEM fog lights if he had asked.... I'm going back to the Garage again,, at least I have my Calendars to talk to...& tomorrow I will have New Girls again...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-04-2022),mohammad (08-01-2022),Shepardl (08-04-2022),twister77 (08-03-2022)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    It's a shame to loose such a valuable member as he's clearly right in his mind & the operation of Fog Lights that he doesn't understand is easily enough to justify replacing the car... I asked if they ever worked & he described DRL operation, he said all cars in Israel have fog lights, he said he didn't need them when he bought the car, but the car is Trash now because it doesn't have Fog Lights...I'm sure someone could have walked him thru installing OEM fog lights if he had asked.... I'm going back to the Garage again,, at least I have my Calendars to talk to...& tomorrow I will have New Girls again...
    Haha thanks man! You seem like a very cool dude!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My uncle has a Mitsubishi Attrage 2015 also equipped with factory Fog lights and his switch actually work with on and off front Fog lights while the headlights and DRL are on at the same time, everything seems smooth without any issues.
    Is it possible your uncle has two separate bulbs within the fog light housing as shown here: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...L-Combo-Lights
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Is it possible your uncle has two separate bulbs within the fog light housing as shown here: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...L-Combo-Lights
    He has OEM single bulb, and his switch (same as my switch) works flawlessly, haha that is so irritating that in his car it’s called fog and in my car they say here on the forum it’s called DRL, but it’s the same exact place/housing and everything is the same besides the p13w vs h8 (35w) bulbs…

Edit: Sometimes it’s very fun to mod a car, and sometimes it’s also needed, in my case it’s both fun and needed, and I’m so sad that I can’t do anything about it, especially like that guy said here “why would you change something perfectly fine and working”, which I really don’t agree with as it’s not perfectly fine and not working the way I the owner of the car want it to work, that’s why there is a modding community, it makes us feel satisfied and happy doing these things, I know many would agree!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    He has OEM single bulb, and his switch (same as my switch) works flawlessly, haha that is so irritating that in his car it’s called fog and in my car they say here on the forum it’s called DRL, but it’s the same exact place/housing and everything is the same besides the p13w vs h8 (35w) bulbs…

Edit: Sometimes it’s very fun to mod a car, and sometimes it’s also needed, in my case it’s both fun and needed, and I’m so sad that I can’t do anything about it, especially like that guy said here “why would you change something perfectly fine and working”, which I really don’t agree with as it’s not perfectly fine and not working the way I the owner of the car want it to work, that’s why there is a modding community, it makes us feel satisfied and happy doing these things, I know many would agree!
    Does your uncles car have DRL light? is so where & what bulb(s)?

if your "fog" light bulb is only 13 watts, is it really going to provide much light even if you got it working with the headlights?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Israel
    Thanks

if your "fog" light bulb is only 13 watts, is it really going to provide much light even if you got it working with the headlights?
    You know what I don’t care anymore, this is a big waste of time for you me and the rest, useless car you just made me hate that car even more. just delete this thread any admin, sorry and I ask forgiveness for even opening a thread here.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    You know what I don’t care anymore, this is a big waste of time for you me and the rest, useless car you just made me hate that car even more. just delete this thread any admin, sorry and I ask forgiveness for even opening a thread here.
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-02-2022),twister77 (08-03-2022)

Don't go away mad, just.... I assume you've read this thread? https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-SE-fog-lights

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-02-2022)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

I am of the opinion that P13W bulb lumens output is weak and will not give the brightness the H8 bulb gives and therefore is not intended to be used as a fog light. Hence, it is wired as a DRL. Maybe, the dealership gives more emphasis on the use of DRL's rather than on fog lights in accordance w/ what may be existing/prevailing laws in the country where the car is being sold.

Last edited by Mitz; 08-03-2022 at 02:20 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitz For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-03-2022)