Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Front Fog light switch not working.

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    I think this is what the OEM bracket looks like: https://www.ebay.com/itm/171454088067

The big metal assembly is t allow you to change the bulb angle to your liking. This is especially important as idiots ... like me. hit the curb while parking and bend the front bumper slightly downward.

instead of spending big money, you could spend little money and buy an led p13w bulb off amazon or eBay and maybe that would be bright enough? All you would have to do is wire 2 fuse taps together wire the "foglight" fuse to any accessory fuse. Then you can have foglight on whenever the car is on.
    Lol you got me there with the bend the front bumber on parking haha!

Actually I have already changed the p13w bulbs to leds from aliexpress, works much better.
    But as for the wiring the 2 fuse taps and all that, I have no idea how to do anything that is related to that...
    I have good hands for this so if you have any videos of how to do that I would be really grateful!

PS My p13w lights on whenever I turn my car on, I just want to control the on/off function, for example, why driving in morning while the sun melts humans and you can barely see anything without sunglasses, and then my "fog"lights are on? would love to turn them off, and at night in the northern parts where there is much foggy roads, to be able to turn the yellowish foglights on.

I also watched your youtube channel, very nice, I have replaced almost all of my car's lights to leds, beside the brakes and the turning signals as you did.
    Thanks Mohammad.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shepardl For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-06-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Note: I take no responsibility for your vehicle, or your legal compliance issues that may arise

Here is what a fuse tap looks like: Name:  687474703a2f2f666f63686963612e636f6d2f77696b692f706f7765722f667573652f46757365253230746170253230.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  29.9 KB

I was thinking you could buy 2. connect the red wires together and plug one into high beam fuse and one into DRL fuse and it will allow the DRLs to turn on when the high beams are on.(you can tap into any fuse you like, even one thats always on so you get your DRLs to be on whenever the car is on which is probably required by law)

Name:  diagram.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  23.8 KB

Note the orientation of the fuse taps matters.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 2.55.02 PM.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  83.7 KB

on the high beam fuse tap you want to install it correctly. on the DRL fuse you want to install it "backwards" so the power can go down the red wire into the DRL lights.
    Last edited by mohammad; 08-06-2022 at 06:55 PM.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Shepardl (08-06-2022)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Note: I take no responsibility for your vehicle, or your legal compliance issues that may arise

Here is what a fuse tap looks like: Name:  687474703a2f2f666f63686963612e636f6d2f77696b692f706f7765722f667573652f46757365253230746170253230.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  29.9 KB

I was thinking you could buy 2. connect the red wires together and plug one into high beam fuse and one into DRL fuse and it will allow the DRLs to turn on when the high beams are on.(you can tap into any fuse you like, even one thats always on so you get your DRLs to be on whenever the car is on which is probably required by law)

Name:  diagram.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  23.8 KB

Note the orientation of the fuse taps matters.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 2.55.02 PM.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  83.7 KB

on the high beam fuse tap you want to install it correctly. on the DRL fuse you want to install it "backwards" so the power can go down the red wire into the DRL lights.
    Oh wow thank you so much for all the details you just gave!

I'm actually a bit afraid to try this out, but what about switching the DRL's relay into the FOG's relay instead?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepardl View Post
    Oh wow thank you so much for all the details you just gave!

I'm actually a bit afraid to try this out, but what about switching the DRL's relay into the FOG's relay instead?
    Im not sure how it works in your country. But where i am the fog light and the high beam cannot be on at the same time. That is why the mirage fog light switch has a spring to always return it to the neutral position. Turning on the high beam while fog light is on where i am would have the computer turn off the fog light. We d not have "rear" fog lights in this country. So most people here want to wire the fog to the high beam to illegally have them on at the same time for more light.

But you can just wire it to whatever fuse you want. It really shouldn't make a difference.

They also sell kits on eBay for the mirage that come with their own wiring to run a switch for fog lights.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Im not sure how it works in your country. But where i am the fog light and the high beam cannot be on at the same time. That is why the mirage fog light switch has a spring to always return it to the neutral position. Turning on the high beam while fog light is on where i am would have the computer turn off the fog light. We d not have "rear" fog lights in this country. So most people here want to wire the fog to the high beam to illegally have them on at the same time for more light.

But you can just wire it to whatever fuse you want. It really shouldn't make a difference.

They also sell kits on eBay for the mirage that come with their own wiring to run a switch for fog lights.
    I will try to do the 2 fuse taps you mentioned, or if I get too afraid I must use the second option you mentioned, with the kit that comes with their own wiring and button!
    and I will let you know how it goes.

EDIT: What model of the fuse should I get from this link?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...d=y3l2yzWSzbda

Thanks again!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I will try to do the 2 fuse taps you mentioned, or if I get too afraid I must use the second option you mentioned, with the kit that comes with their own wiring and button!
    and I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!
    I have no idea what fuse it is, ive never opened the engine fuse box before.

There's one other alternative, you can try to go through the ETACS(engine computer) software and see if a setting exists that does what you want. For regular fog lights there is an option to have them on with high beams as shown here: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...2-ETACS-tweaks

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Thanks again!
    It should be the micro type shown

Can you post a picture of your fuse box .. how does it actually look like?