Thread: Front Fog light switch not working.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Israel
    Thanks

Exclamation Front Fog light switch not working.

Hey to everyone around.
    I have looked in the forum a bit to see similar threads without an answer to my question, maybe I missed something, so I appologize.
    I own a Mitsubishi Space Star/Mirage 2016 Instyle 1.2L equipped with factory Fog light.
    EDIT: The car manual from the Mitsubishi ownership says my model has FOG lights with p13w, and DRL lights as w5w (doesn't mentioned as parking light etc).

When I start my car (ignition) the Fog lights automatically turn on, when I turn also the headlights (the DRL turn on automatically with the headlights), the fog lights automatically turn off, they cannot work together, only seperately.

When I turn the switch on the left handle of the wheel to front fog lights "on" it just turning the rear fog lights on.
    I tried many things, saw youtube videos and also checked if there is any fuses or relays missing, but I have everything on.

My uncle has a Mitsubishi Attrage 2015 also equipped with factory Fog lights and his switch actually work with on and off front Fog lights while the headlights and DRL are on at the same time, everything seems smooth without any issues.

EDIT: In Israel all Mirage/Space Star models are sold already equipped with FOG lights and DRL.

Why my Mirage/Space Star has this annoying issue?
    Why the handle switch cannot control the front Fog lights?
    Is there something I miss, a connectivity issue, a rewiring of the handle to somewhere else?
    There are roads and foggy areas that needs fog lights and I must have these on, please help.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Shepardl; 07-30-2022 at 04:08 PM.