Thread: 2015 DE Front Bumper fix or replacement options?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2015 DE Front Bumper fix or replacement options?

I ran over an ice dam in a low water crossing last winter that actually ripped my front bumper off. I was able to get it back on and keep driving, then purchased replacement pop rivets or whatever you call those plastic fasteners and it has been holding pretty well since. It cracked part of the front and also made it so those plastic rivets can't hold in a couple locations.

I looked at a replacement that is color matched to my red car and they are about $1000 just for the part. This isn't that big of a deal to me so was considering trying to plastic weld or epoxy from the back and then painting it as best as possible.

I was also wondering about junkyard availability. These aren't the most common car around here but would expect good junkyard examples to be a good option for me. Of course red isn't an uncommon color in these so that will help. Everything is all messed up with supply and pricing right now. I looked up the value of my car and examples with more mileage are going for more than I paid for mine NEW.

Any advice on fixing or replacing this bumper?

Conor

My advice would be to order a bumper from rockauto for $131 and have a local bodyshop paint it for you. That'd be the quickest and easiest way to go in my opinion.

Used is another option. Look on car-part.com for 2014-2015 bumper assembly or bumper cover. You might even find one with fancy fog lights?

We've used lots of aftermarket bumpers on these cars they usually fit fine with the only tell-tale of it being aftermarket is how the emblem mounts(usually surface mount rather than recessed like oem).
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice! I didn't know they were that cheap at RockAuto. I was finding painted ones for $1000. What does it cost to paint them?

Conor

I really couldn't tell you what painting would cost. Maybe a hundred or two? I know not...
    I found this cancukystan site showing painted bumpers. I'm sure you should be able to have a local shop paint a rock auto for cheaper than what an online place would charge. And the front bumper cover will fit inside a mirage. You might already know that by now though.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-06-2022)