Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad fuel - car wouldn't start

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 2,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    That's my theory also. I had this happen a few years ago. It was flooded and I simply held my foot to the floor and cranked it and it fired up. The owners manual describes this.
    This has been a recommended practice since the introduction of fuel injection. It would surely be the thing I would try first before punting.

My first car (1978 Honda Civic) had a hand choke knob on the dash for cold starts. Every carburetor vehicle I owned had carburetor issues. I don't miss them in cars!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-08-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    That's my theory also. I had this happen a few years ago. It was flooded and I simply held my foot to the floor and cranked it and it fired up. The owners manual describes this.
    inuvik - Did following that procedure cost less than $650?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My first car (1978 Honda Civic) had a hand choke knob on the dash for cold starts. Every carburetor vehicle I owned had carburetor issues. I don't miss them in cars!
    My 1972 Plymouth Scamp has a choke knob and a carburetor. This carburetor has every issue known to man. I exaggerate. If I didn't have an AFR gauge telling me Ed Zachery what was going on at all times, and if I didn't feel compelled to improve all those conditions, I'd be much more satisfied. The tuning never ends.

For the life me, I don't believe the friggin secondaries are opening all the way. Oh well, that's for a different thread, in a different forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)