Thread: what springs to get ?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

what springs to get ?

I am a Mitsubishi faithful I keep an outlander 4wd and a mirage..My 2022 Mirage got totaled because of police chasing a perk at high speed..so. Im getting a new Mirage friday . Wine red with effects package too. I want some lowering springs. I live in WV roads not perfect but not bads and lots of curves. What springs should I get. I will be running 195/50/50 as radials and 15x7 vms racing positive 35 drag wheels.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djulie1 View Post
    ...will be running 195/50/50 as radials and 15x7 vms racing positive 35 drag wheels.
    You might want to read this thread: Hi-my-name-is-Loren-I-own-a-Mirage

He was running Advanti Storm S1 15x7 (35 offset) with 195/50-15 tires. I think he had some minor issues with his rear tires rubbing. The rear fenders on these cars can't handle a ton of tire.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    These cars are all about economy!
    If you want a little lower and firmer, EIBACH would most probably be the best compromise.
    Any lower or wider, and you will be asking for problems on the American continent. Those roads are not up to normal European or Japanese standards, with their potholes and all that. See various threads in this forum.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    I like modding cars as much as anyone. However, I don't believe a Mirage is any kind of platform to put money into. It is a tool. A tool to save people money versus most other cars. A damn good tool in that respect. And as such, I recommend you put $0 into it, and let it do its job (saving you money). And when you have money, go buy a fun car of your choice to waste money on. Just my $0.02. Do you what you want, your money, more power to ya.

Or you could follow my investment guidance. I've been investing in hookers and liquor for years, the Mirage helps me maximize on those investments.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-09-2022),precisionxt (08-10-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Or you could follow my investment guidance. I've been investing in hookers and liquor for years, the Mirage helps me maximize on those investments.
    Sage investment advice indeed!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=7milesout;144418]I like modding cars as much as anyone. However, I don't believe a Mirage is any kind of platform to put money into. It is a tool. A tool to save people money versus most other cars. A damn good tool in that respect. And as such, I recommend you put $0 into it, and let it do its job (saving you money). And when you have money, go buy a fun car of your choice to waste money on. Just my $0.02. Do you what you want, your money, more power to ya.

Or you could follow my investment guidance. I've been investing in hookers and liquor for years, the Mirage helps me maximize on those investments.[/QUOTE ]
    Lol thanks for the investment advice..but i got some great advice years ago too that alliws me to now indulge all i want..so..its getting the treatment.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to djulie1 For This Useful Post:

dickulus (11-07-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    These cars are all about economy!
    If you want a little lower and firmer, EIBACH would most probably be the best compromise.
    Any lower or wider, and you will be asking for problems on the American continent. Those roads are not up to normal European or Japanese standards, with their potholes and all that. See various threads in this forum.
    He clearly states he lives in WV (that's West Virginia for those not on the continent). He knows what the roads are like in the United States.