Thread: Slow brake fluid leak -any known weak links in these cars?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Slow brake fluid leak -any known weak links in these cars?

I am pretty sure I have a slow leak of brake fluid. A month or so ago my brake light came on intermittently. I checked the fluid levels and they were low so I topped them off and all was well. The light went away. I figured this was accounting for pad wear and didn't give it a lot of thought.

Then several weeks later the brake light started again. The fluid was low. Braking seems fine and I pushed the pedal as hard as I could to make sure it would hold but I need to get this taken care of. Is this something that would be covered under warranty or not? Also, are there any weak links related to these cars and brake leaks? I figured I would see if it is something simple I could take care of before heading to the shop.

It has been wet and rainy here so will let things dry out and look for leaks near the brake lines, calipers, etc.

Conor

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cwatkin For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (09-06-2022)

Looks like you were on the right track but did you actually pull the wheels and check the brakes? I haven't seen any brake fluid leaks on these cars that I recall.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It has been wet here but once things dry out, I will pull each wheel and take a look for brake fluid leaks. I am also going to pop the hood open and look around the booster to see if that might be leaking.

Conor