Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip"B" Economy over 5,700miles since NEW

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Trip"B" Economy over 5,700miles since NEW

Noticed i don't see people posting the long-term trip averages of their cars, I bought my 2022 Mirage G4 CVT with 74 miles on it and have never reset its trip B, its averaged 46.8-47MPG over almost 6,000 miles My daily commute is about 66 miles %98 highway, Lots of construction, lane closures and idling along at 10mph with AC on, Overall quite impressed with the car, I did have to take it in for an alignment at about 1,000 miles, (Steering wheel wasn't strait) its already had 4 oil changes, did the 1st one when i drove it home, the 2nd one at 1,100 miles for break in another at 3500 miles for good measure, And the last one recently at the dealer at around 5,000 miles, Going to service the CVT every 25k with fluid and filters.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 45.5 mpg (US) ... 19.4 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrMPG For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (11-06-2022),inuvik (08-22-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,007 Posts
    46.8 mpg x 0.93 = 43.5 mpg. Quite good!

I reset my B AVG every time I get gas.

I changed my engine oil a few times before it hit 5,000 miles as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

MrMPG (08-22-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What about your A AVG? What do you use it for? I have been using A AVG every time I get gas and idk what to do or use the B AVG. Just looking for ideas for me to make it useful.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    If you're interested in everyone's lifetime average economy, check out the Fuel Economy log. It shows everyone's lifetime, & you can compare CVT's to standards, 1L engines to 1.2L ones, etc. Some people put comments in their entries. Check it out, you may find it interesting Edit... Oops, sorry, I see you are using the fuel economy log
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

MrMPG (09-24-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    What about your A AVG? What do you use it for? I have been using A AVG every time I get gas and idk what to do or use the B AVG. Just looking for ideas for me to make it useful.
    The trip A mpg avg ill reset if im tracking a trip, Generally i just reset the trip milage and paper math the milage as the trip A mpg resets itself after 4 hours of engine off anyways

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 45.5 mpg (US) ... 19.4 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Unless I forget, I reset the trip odometer A to zero every time I fill up. Unless I forget, I calculate my mpg when I fill up. I appreciate the moment of gratification. I don't care enough to keep a log on such things. The gratification isn't that great!

I don't use the trip odometer B very often. If I didn't do 5,000 mile oll changes, I may use it to keep track of how many miles the current oil is on. I may use B as an actual trip odometer at times (recording the total miles of a trip).

As far as the mpg readings go, I don't place much value on them. In my mind, they are about as useful as a wrist watch that doesn't keep very good time. I don't want to guess if the readings seem right or not, nor do I want to wonder what time of the day it is with a bad watch/clock.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I use Trip A as just a casual measurement around town. Trying to keep my suburban driving mpg's high. Or I look at it for a partial tank leg of a trip. Trip B is for a whole tank, and then I reset it at each fill. I take a quick look at, and reset it at each tank. I try to take note if Trip B seems to jive with my fuelly number that I just put in as I was refueling the car. Trip be seems to always have been close to my fuelly number if I multiply Trip B x 0.93.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

I checked my trip B average economy and it matches my fuelly average dead on. I can't recall if I ever reset it or if it eventually resets itself. 40mpg average for me. Might be a hair better cause I'm not taking the slightly taller tires I'm running into account.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm guessing Trip B has a limited amount of data and after so many miles (I would have to guess 2,500 or less), the Trip B data overwrites. So those who are thinking Trip B is lifetime data ... I seriously doubt that. It's more like, average mpg over the last 2,500 miles (or whatever the limit is).

It's still good long term data, just not lifetime (is my guess).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Im not sure, i've never had it reset and im at almost 8,000 miles now lol, Its staying right around 47mpg average