Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering Another Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm getting ads for dealers in PA with inventory all over the place lately. Who knows if the ads are correct. I don't even live in PA.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We drove to a Mitsubishi dealer near Youngstown, Ohio since they were the only dealer in the area (or the whole state) that had a 2023 Black Edition G4. The one they had is red and we do not want red. We actually want Mercury grey. I explained to the salesman that I want to see the car and could you bring it around for us. This pushy salesman kept wanting my info and I explained we are in the market and not ready to buy for another month or so. Kept wanting my full name and phone number.

I said "Look here bud. I don't want to test drive the car, just bring it around and park it next to my Mirage right there so we can look at it or I will go somewhere else!"

He got the keys and said he will meet me at my car. When he pulled it around and parked he again asked for my license where I already said I am not driving the car since I already have one. I asked him if we can get in the car and check out the features and options.

The wife and I like the new Black Edition. The G4 has a nice trunk with plenty of cargo space. I wish the entire seat folded down, but no biggie. The stock touch screen radio sounds just as ****ty as our standard radio in the 2017, but I expected that. The seats feel better than older models and look nicer. The padded arm rests are a nice addition and the sporty automatic shifter adds a nice touch. Not so sure about the whole black roof thing. Might make the A/C work harder on a hot day.

I asked the salesman if they can get one in Mercury Gray and he said they have a network of dealers to work with which did not answer my question. I got his business card and we left. I found a Mercury Gray Black Edition in Pennsylvania about 3 hours away, so we might venture over there next.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-20-2022),inuvik (12-19-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Consider this

Today on the CBC. government goon broadcaster they featured the current and coming housing market. In more populous areas, Toronto and the burbs, house prices at previous record highs have dropped 25% or more on "midrange" SFH. These places dropped from 1.2-1.4m ->800-1100K. Buyers who signed and qualified a year ago with 2.5% Int. rates now can't qualify for a mortgage at the new int. rate. Plus they can only finance what the appraisal comes in at. They're facing losing their deposit, in many cases 25% of the PP and getting sued for the difference the builder gets when he finally sells and what they paid. Lots of people are now facing a $450,000 hit to their life. You want to guess what happens to new car prices, shortage of cars or not, when these same economics trickle down into hoods where SFR homes are $600k ? the same bloodbath except those people are only facing $200K hits to their life. So much for any mfg. selling their econo boxes. Maybe the econo cars will still sell well. I can't see car prices continuing to rise when house prices are starting to tumble. My crystal ball is fuzzy but I see cars dropping at least 25%, if not in the sticker price then the actual OTD price. Give the dealers another 6-12 months of crappy sales on top of two covid years of low stock and watch what happens.

The government has never stopped printing money after the 2008 crash. Businesses that should have floundered and died were allowed to keep going totally distorting economic reality. Once rates return to normal (oh, you thought the recent rises were over and temporary anyhow?) and everyone who is overextended gets flushed, the businesses that should have failed back in 2008 get flushed, and mom and pop start opening new businesses all over America the pain can ease and life can possibly return to a real "normal"
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (12-31-2022),Fummins (12-20-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would get another Mirage granted it was specced exactly like mine - which is now considered unobtainium: Manual + Premium (Leather steering wheel/shift knob + keyless start + Bluetooth + cruise + alloys)

Hell, there arent any manuals at all now so IDK. I should rent a mirage from a car-rental place for the weekend to see how much I like/dislike the CVT.

TBH, I dont mind CVT. I understand that a CVT is more efficient to get max power + tq to the wheels. The few CVTs I've driven, the engines are powerful enough that accelerating at 2k RPMs is "keeping up with the flow of traffic." I probably would be less than happy if I'll have to be pinned at 4k RPMs on the mirage to keep up.

Also, does the new(er) mirages have AA/CP?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-21-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I would get another Mirage granted it was specced exactly like mine - which is now considered unobtainium: Manual + Premium (Leather steering wheel/shift knob + keyless start + Bluetooth + cruise + alloys)

Hell, there arent any manuals at all now so IDK. I should rent a mirage from a car-rental place for the weekend to see how much I like/dislike the CVT.

TBH, I dont mind CVT. I understand that a CVT is more efficient to get max power + tq to the wheels. The few CVTs I've driven, the engines are powerful enough that accelerating at 2k RPMs is "keeping up with the flow of traffic." I probably would be less than happy if I'll have to be pinned at 4k RPMs on the mirage to keep up.

Also, does the new(er) mirages have AA/CP?
    I haul ass in my CVT Mirage. I'm rarely over 3k rpms even when merging and doing 70 plus mph.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Johnny Mullet (12-22-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I could not find a Mercury Grey G4 Black edition within a reasonable distance. Actually, finding any G4 Black edition that was not red in color was a hard task. I did find a Silver Starlight colored one at an Ohio dealer 2 hours away. I called them up and got approved right away to finance another Mirage with no trade and no down payment. My interest rate is much lower since financing my 2017 ES and paying it off and since I am a return Mitsubishi buyer, I save some money.

My monthly payment is actually lower than my recent payment on the 2017 ES because I got a much better interest rate since building my credit. We will be picking the car up tomorrow morning. This dealer also offers a lifetime powertrain warranty as long as I own the car on top of the already awesome factory warranty.

I guess I need to add a new garage entry here on the site.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-31-2022),twister77 (12-31-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    I could not find a Mercury Grey G4 Black edition within a reasonable distance. Actually, finding any G4 Black edition that was not red in color was a hard task. I did find a Silver Starlight colored one at an Ohio dealer 2 hours away. I called them up and got approved right away to finance another Mirage with no trade and no down payment. My interest rate is much lower since financing my 2017 ES and paying it off and since I am a return Mitsubishi buyer, I save some money.

My monthly payment is actually lower than my recent payment on the 2017 ES because I got a much better interest rate since building my credit. We will be picking the car up tomorrow morning. This dealer also offers a lifetime powertrain warranty as long as I own the car on top of the already awesome factory warranty.

I guess I need to add a new garage entry here on the site.
    There are plenty of top trim SE Mirages out there in sedan or hatchback in grey but I think your wife will really enjoy the BE, I know mine does. The stitch work on the seats and faux-leather steering wheel is well done and the soft touch door panels are a nice plus too. It really does feel and look like a much nicer car IMO. We're repeat customers too so it was nice to get that Mitsubishi loyalty rebate and I'm glad you did too! The 15" black alloys are simple in design but very well done.

The G4 might lack the versatility of the hatchback but it more than makes up for it in rear passenger comfort. Visibility changing lanes is better too as the back right pillar is much slimmer in the sedan. It also feels more planted on the highway vs the hatch and absorbs crosswinds better. I guess that has to do with it being heavier than the hatch? The new rear spoiler is a nice touch too.

My favorite part is hitting the key fob and having the welcome lights come on. The auto head lights work very well but the rain sensing wipers suck. They only activate sometimes and only for heavy rain. If it's a light rain or wet mist the sensor doesn't kick off at all or very intermittently.

All in all I find myself wanting to drive the G4 more than my 2021 hatchback. The CVT will take some getting used too but once she figures out how to pulse and flow with it she'll enjoy the smoothness of it. Also the OEM cruise control works flawlessly. Just set it at 70mph and watch it net 40mpg easily all day.

Congrats!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    We drove to a Mitsubishi dealer near Youngstown, Ohio since they were the only dealer in the area (or the whole state) that had a 2023 Black Edition G4. The one they had is red and we do not want red. We actually want Mercury grey. I explained to the salesman that I want to see the car and could you bring it around for us. This pushy salesman kept wanting my info and I explained we are in the market and not ready to buy for another month or so. Kept wanting my full name and phone number.

I said "Look here bud. I don't want to test drive the car, just bring it around and park it next to my Mirage right there so we can look at it or I will go somewhere else!"

He got the keys and said he will meet me at my car. When he pulled it around and parked he again asked for my license where I already said I am not driving the car since I already have one. I asked him if we can get in the car and check out the features and options.

The wife and I like the new Black Edition. The G4 has a nice trunk with plenty of cargo space. I wish the entire seat folded down, but no biggie. The stock touch screen radio sounds just as ****ty as our standard radio in the 2017, but I expected that. The seats feel better than older models and look nicer. The padded arm rests are a nice addition and the sporty automatic shifter adds a nice touch. Not so sure about the whole black roof thing. Might make the A/C work harder on a hot day.

I asked the salesman if they can get one in Mercury Gray and he said they have a network of dealers to work with which did not answer my question. I got his business card and we left. I found a Mercury Gray Black Edition in Pennsylvania about 3 hours away, so we might venture over there next.
    Are you referring to the 7" Alpine touchscreen making beeping noises when you touch it? Because you can easily turn the off. I did for both our new Mirages.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here is a few pictures.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Try again.

Attached Images Attached Images    

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post: