Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6 gallons of 0w20 less than $50

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That's a crazy good deal. I typically buy a 1 gallon jug for $23-30(cad) when it's on sale at crappy tire. It looks like you can't buy that oil in California for some reason. Not vegan enough?
    Shipping cost is almost $30 making it about $75.10/box = $3.13/quart.

There's a branch store in Madison, Wisconsin (72 miles from my home). I can find another reason to drive that way some day & save on the shipping costs. That would keep it under $1.90/quart. 24 quarts of Duramax oil for $45.46 + tax. 24 quarts of Super Tech would be $97.92 + tax.

This wouldn't apply to my situation, but it's good to know about this product -

DuraMAX® 10-Year/up to 300,000 Miles Lubrication Limited Warranty
    Subject to the exclusions, limitations, terms, conditions, and eligibility requirements set forth in this limited warranty, RelaDyne, Inc., a Delaware corporation, will reimburse you at reasonable cost for the repair or replacement of the engine parts listed below that fail as a direct primary result of lubrication related failure while the DuraMAX motor oil is properly installed. This limited warranty is available to the vehicle owner or lessee of an Eligible Vehicle who has their oil changed by an automotive center, commercial oil change facility, or auto dealer who uses synthetic blend, high mileage, full synthetic, and advanced full synthetic DuraMAX motor oils (henceforth referred to as “DuraMAX motor oil” where the category is not explicitly specified).

I see no red flags in using this oil -

https://duramax.com/products/motor-oils/

The prices of things are a bit nuts. Super Tech was about $14.67 for a 5-quart jug for a long time. Like most synthetic oils, it is over $4/quart now.

This Duramax oil is cheaper than Super Tech was before inflation hit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ordered some to my local store. The date just passed by today and no news on my order. Going to have to call to see what the heck happened.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    I ordered some to my local store. The date just passed by today and no news on my order. Going to have to call to see what the heck happened.
    The box I would buy is temporarily out of stock, too. Maybe this deal is too good to be true?

I just talked myself into buying a box, too! Annoying! Patience is not my best virtue either!

Let us know what you find out!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does not ship to California

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Thats certainly a good price!

In this part of the world, 4L of fully synthetic 0W20 costs from under €30.-

https://www.ebay.de/itm/402169434341...Bk9SR7CS267nYA

7. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got off the phone with them and the product is indefinitely backordered with no other info. RIP. Back to super tech.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

I recently purchased this for $26.47, minus a $10 rebate from the manufacturer, so $16.47 for the 5 qt jug or $3.294 per qt.

Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20, 5 qt

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-E...-5-qt/36019107

Wow, this 6 gal deal seems great! I have a few Graingers located nearby and wouldn't mind stocking up on this but too bad its out of stock. Good find!
    Last edited by davidricardo86; 09-15-2022 at 12:39 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    I recently purchased this for $26.47, minus a $10 rebate from the manufacturer, so $16.47 for the 5 qt jug or $3.294 per qt.

Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20, 5 qt

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-E...-5-qt/36019107

Wow, this 6 gal deal seems great! I have a few Graingers located nearby and wouldn't stocking up on this but too bad its out of stock. Good find!
    Yeah those deals are competitive also at least vs Supertech. I feel like they bank on most people forgetting to fill out the rebates, then for the physical card they never send the card half the time and you gotta hound them, then you need to find a merchant that will accept multiple payment cards or do the ole game of "what can I buy for under $10" and for the virtual one you can't use them in stores. Combined with being limited on purchase quantity and the balance on the rebate card potentially expiring I find it a bit of a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Yeah those deals are competitive also at least vs Supertech. I feel like they bank on most people forgetting to fill out the rebates, then for the physical card they never send the card half the time and you gotta hound them, then you need to find a merchant that will accept multiple payment cards or do the ole game of "what can I buy for under $10" and for the virtual one you can't use them in stores. Combined with being limited on purchase quantity and the balance on the rebate card potentially expiring I find it a bit of a hassle.
    Haha so true! All valid reasons.

Honestly i didn't even know it had a $10 rebate, i bought the oil on a whim because i was past due on my oil change. I was surprised to find out so i screenshot my receipt and filled out the online form but that was relatively easy. Yeah it took a few days to approve it and it'll take another week or so for the physical card to arrive. I could've chosen an email card to get it faster but my hopes were low to begin with so meh.

I'm going to do it again, for a max of $20 "saved". I want to try a jug of that "high mileage" formula next. I've got 145k miles on my delivery Mirage. If this Duramax stuff is good and cost way less, I'll run it.

Never heard of the SuperTech stuff until this forum.
    Last edited by davidricardo86; 09-15-2022 at 12:09 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I saw it's backordered, guess that happens with these seemingly at cost prices.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)