Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: 6 gallons of 0w20 less than $50

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,051
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 2,116 Times in 1,666 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarr View Post
    I saw it's backordered, guess that happens with these seemingly at cost prices.
    A bit higher price, but free shipping makes it much cheaper.

    https://www.govets.com/duramax-226-cxo-56ht78.html



  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    A bit higher price, but free shipping makes it much cheaper.

    https://www.govets.com/duramax-226-cxo-56ht78.html
    I'm seeing "Currently Unavailable" when clicking that link.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davidricardo86 For This Useful Post:

    Mirageman38 (09-15-2022),mohammad (09-15-2022)

  4. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    The Armpit of America
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 138 Times in 96 Posts
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say anywhere that has it in stock has current accurate pricing (much higher) and the SuperTech ends up being cheapest in stock without having to do rebate gimmicks. But it does seem like Mobile 1, Penzoil, Castrol, and Valvoline all have their own promotions going on now for people who want to hassle with it.

    I found this nifty thread that tracks a lot of oil deals https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/fo...promotions.33/
    Last edited by Mirageman38; 09-15-2022 at 02:45 PM.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

    davidricardo86 (09-15-2022)

  6. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,051
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 2,116 Times in 1,666 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    I'm seeing "Currently Unavailable" when clicking that link.
    It was "in-stock" when I posted it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered.

  7. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,051
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 2,116 Times in 1,666 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say anywhere that has it in stock has current accurate pricing (much higher) and the SuperTech ends up being cheapest in stock without having to do rebate gimmicks. But it does seem like Mobile 1, Penzoil, Castrol, and Valvoline all have their own promotions going on now for people who want to hassle with it.

    I found this nifty thread that tracks a lot of oil deals https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/fo...promotions.33/
    It's because of this thread that tracks oil deals - what I posted was "in stock" wasn't "in stock" for very long most likely.

    Sadly, the price will most likely go up if it is in-stock again.
    Last edited by Mark; 09-15-2022 at 04:56 PM.

  8. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,051
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 2,116 Times in 1,666 Posts
    Like I have said before, Super Tech Full Synthetic Oil used to be a great deal. It was less than $15 for a 5-quart jug for a very long time. I think it was $14.67 the last time I bought a couple 5-quart jugs. Now the savings is not as great, but I don't sense the need to pay extra for something else.

    I have used Super Tech conventional oil for decades, but more options have appeared in recent years.

    Super Tech Conventional Oil ($3.58/quart) - I still use 15W-40 Heavy Duty in my old compact 4WD diesel tractor.

    Super Tech Synthetic Blend ($3.69/quart) - I have only seen this on the shelves recently, & I don't believe a 0W-20 exists. 5,000 mile wear protection.

    Super Tech Full Synthetic ($4.30/quart) - 10,000 super wear protection.

    Super Tech High Mileage Full Synthetic ($4.30/quart) - 10,000 super wear protection.

    Super Tech Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil ($5.29/quart) - 20,000 maximum wear protection

    Some believe Amazon Basics 0W-20 Full Synthetic Oil ($5.27 quart) is the same as Super Tech, but I see no savings going that route. I also don't sense any indication this would be the "Advanced" Full Synthetic.

    Kirkland Signature 0W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil
    is also considered the same as Super Tech & Amazon Basics by many. Costco does offer a 5-quart, 2-pack for $39.99 ($4/quart), & that price does include free-shipping.

    If you're trying to pinch pennies, Kirkland Signature may be the best deal between the three choices today. I was doing some comparison shopping, & I just thought I would share this.

  9. #27
    Member pawpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 35 Times in 20 Posts
    I used to buy Super Tech but recently stumbled across Chevron Havoline Lifelong Full Synthetic at Walmart 22.97/6 quarts of 0w-20. It comes in a box but that didn't bother me.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to pawpaw For This Useful Post:

    Mirageman38 (09-16-2022)

  11. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    The Armpit of America
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 138 Times in 96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw View Post
    I used to buy Super Tech but recently stumbled across Chevron Havoline Lifelong Full Synthetic at Walmart 22.97/6 quarts of 0w-20. It comes in a box but that didn't bother me.
    Wow good find too. Even cheaper than the 6 quart boxes of supertech or Kirkland. Too bad it's not available at any of the Walmarts near me (I would have never stumbled across it) but I guess it qualifies for free Shipping.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chevron-H...-Box/274405536


    Mark you can get supertech box cheaper than that https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tec...arts/874624149 Almost $4 a quart at $4.08 and doesn't need a Costco Membership. Price difference from Costco for 12 quarts is $1. But forget that if the Havoline is even cheaper.

    I really like when we can pool info and find the best deals, it ends up helping everyone.
    Last edited by Mirageman38; 09-16-2022 at 02:24 AM.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)


  12. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,051
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 2,116 Times in 1,666 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Wow good find too. Even cheaper than the 6 quart boxes of supertech or Kirkland. Too bad it's not available at any of the Walmarts near me (I would have never stumbled across it) but I guess it qualifies for free Shipping.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chevron-H...-Box/274405536


    Mark you can get supertech box cheaper than that https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tec...arts/874624149 Almost $4 a quart at $4.08 and doesn't need a Costco Membership. Price difference from Costco for 12 quarts is $1. But forget that if the Havoline is even cheaper.

    I really like when we can pool info and find the best deals, it ends up helping everyone.
    A 5 quart jug of Super Tech & the box of Super Tech are priced exactly the same ($4.08/quart). That's why I didn't bring up the box earlier, because there was no savings.

    I have noticed the Chevron/Havoline box for a bit less money. Super Tech is not the big savings it once was, but it is competitive. Quaker State Full Synthetic was the same price as Super Tech when I was at Walmart last night.

    I just did an oil change a few days ago. I am going to hold out and see if the Duramax becomes available within the next few weeks. If you can get the Duramax for under $2/quart, that's really hard to beat.

  13. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 73 Times in 47 Posts
    Look like Costco is cheaper than the rest. Guess I'll do that oil and change it myself when I reach 7500 miles.

    I had Mitsu dealer changed my oil at mile 3500 last month. Funny.enough, they putted a film sticker(?) Located on the top left corner of the windshield advising me to return for the next oil change, either on February 2023 or when I reach 9k miles. I don't think I want to go to them when they probably charge me $50 for the job.


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 manual: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •