Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 6 gallons of 0w20 less than $50

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Look like Costco is cheaper than the rest. Guess I'll do that oil and change it myself when I reach 7500 miles.

I had Mitsu dealer changed my oil at mile 3500 last month. Funny.enough, they putted a film sticker(?) Located on the top left corner of the windshield advising me to return for the next oil change, either on February 2023 or when I reach 9k miles. I don't think I want to go to them when they probably charge me $50 for the job.
    I wonder what they based 3,500 + 5,500 = 9,000 miles on?

Given the price of things these days, $50 for a full synthetic oil would not be a terrible price. 3 quarts of oil and a decent oil filter will bring the price to about $20 doing it yourself, however.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I wonder what they based 3,500 + 5,500 = 9,000 miles on?

Given the price of things these days, $50 for a full synthetic oil would not be a terrible price. 3 quarts of oil and a decent oil filter will bring the price to about $20 doing it yourself, however.
    Idk what they were basing on as I didn't ask.

I can certainly say that the Mirage has helped me to be humble, frugal, and prudent and I love that. It actually improved my quality of life much more than the 06 Prius I used to have for nearly 5 years. As a result, I rather learn and save $ and I am mechanically inclined to do the oil change myself despite not having the knowledge nor garage. Admittedly, I'm a rookie, except football.

Dirk - I had only played junior college football as DT and semi pro as slot receiver, TE, special team respectively. I recorded no sack but got assist, reception, interception, and concussions.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Idk what they were basing on as I didn't ask.

I can certainly say that the Mirage has helped me to be humble, frugal, and prudent and I love that. It actually improved my quality of life much more than the 06 Prius I used to have for nearly 5 years. As a result, I rather learn and save $ and I am mechanically inclined to do the oil change myself despite not having the knowledge nor garage. Admittedly, I'm a rookie, except football.

Dirk - I had only played junior college football as DT and semi pro as slot receiver, TE, special team respectively. I recorded no sack but got assist, reception, interception, and concussions.
    There is some satisfaction in doing things as simple as an oil change yourself. You don't have to second guess the quality of the oil & filter used when you do it yourself, too. Most of all, you know things will be done right. If not, you also know who to blame!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-16-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got the email today: RIP

ORDER CANCELLATION

This message is to provide confirmation that item(s) on order Order have been cancelled.

The reason for this cancellation was based on a product discontinuation (unavailable for sale) for the item(s) shown below.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Got the email today: RIP

ORDER CANCELLATION

This message is to provide confirmation that item(s) on order Order have been cancelled.

The reason for this cancellation was based on a product discontinuation (unavailable for sale) for the item(s) shown below.
    I suspected the deal was too good to be true. If it comes back into stock some day, I also suspect a price jump. It would have been a heck of a deal.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good while it lasted.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sadly I also received an order cancellation email as well. Too many Mirage owners at one time trying to get cheap oil... Oh well. Next time.

It still shows up online but now it's $282.29. Seems like someone screwed up in the online pricing department lol
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It still shows up online but now it's $282.29. Seems like someone screwed up in the online pricing department lol
    Approximately $1.91/quart, it was a good deal. At $12.05/quart, it's not such a good deal any more! Plus, it says "available for pickup by the end of January, 2023".

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    January? Are they looking for a new well? Once in a while AutoZone has clearance oils, usually when they switch from one API service to another like they just did to SP from SN

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)