Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outlander or Eclipse Cross?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    I never buy new. 2-3 years old is the sweet spot. And I've seen too many companies try to weasel out of warranty responsibility. I'd like to stay with the brand, but if one of their upscale (from Mirage) models isn't reliable, I'm out.
    Have you considered outlander PHEV? it seems decent on paper. especially if you are ev rebate eligible.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Have you considered outlander PHEV? it seems decent on paper. especially if you are ev rebate eligible.
    I have. I would like one, but used they are going for 26-35k usd, a bit more than I want to spend right now. The rebates only apply to new, I think.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have. I would like one, but used they are going for 26-35k usd, a bit more than I want to spend right now. The rebates only apply to new, I think.
    Where i am there is a private used ev incentive program of $1,000 and another $1000 if you give them(scrap) any working gas car that currently has insurance(is road legal).

see: https://www.plugndrive.ca/used-elect...les-incentive/
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (08-29-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    I lurk on a Eclipse Cross forum and lots of pain there. I own a 2019 Outlander Sport with the 5 speed manual. It's been flawless for over 3 yrs 50k miles. Granted it's the short version of the Outlander but it's been the best vehicle I've owned in a long long time. I have the 4b11 2.0 engine and it delivers excellent mpg's. My lifetime average since owning the vehicle is just over 30 mpg. I would steer clear of the CVT if I was looking for a used Outlander. I concur with a previous post that if I was going to buy a Outlander I wouldn't buy the new Nissan one in any flavor. Look for a lightly used Outlander GT with the V6 and 6 speed automatic or the Outlander PHEV (the Mitsubishi made model, not the Nissan).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I lurk on a Eclipse Cross forum and lots of pain there. I own a 2019 Outlander Sport with the 5 speed manual. It's been flawless for over 3 yrs 50k miles. Granted it's the short version of the Outlander but it's been the best vehicle I've owned in a long long time. I have the 4b11 2.0 engine and it delivers excellent mpg's. My lifetime average since owning the vehicle is just over 30 mpg. I would steer clear of the CVT if I was looking for a used Outlander. I concur with a previous post that if I was going to buy a Outlander I wouldn't buy the new Nissan one in any flavor. Look for a lightly used Outlander GT with the V6 and 6 speed automatic or the Outlander PHEV (the Mitsubishi made model, not the Nissan).
    For those that aren't aware, the outlander sport is the mitsubishi RVR in Canada.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I would steer clear of the CVT if I was looking for a used Outlander. I concur with a previous post that if I was going to buy a Outlander I wouldn't buy the new Nissan one in any flavor. Look for a lightly used Outlander GT with the V6 and 6 speed automatic or the Outlander PHEV (the Mitsubishi made model, not the Nissan).
    Yeah, all I had to see was the engine compartment on the 2022: What a mess.
    No thank you. That's why I'm looking at 2019-2020, still all Mitsubishi. I'm going to have to lurk on that Cross forum and see what the pain is about!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    No thank you. That's why I'm looking at 2019-2020, still all Mitsubishi. I'm going to have to lurk on that Cross forum and see what the pain is about!
    Here ya go for a look: https://www.eclipsecrossforums.com/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    I see very little advantage of the 1.5L Eclipse Cross engine. Horsepower & economy is not all that spectacular (compared to their more proven, larger non-turbo engines).

The only Mitsubishi vehicles that I would buy are the 5-speed manual Mirage & the 5-speed manual Outlander Sport (which does limit the choice to FWD only).

If I felt AWD/4WD was necessary, then my focus goes elsewhere. If I were buying a new AWD SUV, a non-turbo engine with an automatic transmission would get my money. In today's market, that would be the 2022 Toyota RAV4, 2022 Mazda CX-30, & 2022 Mazda CX-5. On a positive note, my shopping list would be quite short.

The last time (a few years ago now) I was in a Mitsubishi showroom I sat in an Outlander Sport & Outlander. I had no interest in sitting in the Eclipse Cross. I didn't care for the looks of it. I still like the looks of the Outlander Sport better. That's just personal preference. The Eclipse Cross could be a great vehicle. I'll just never know!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (09-20-2022),mohammad (08-29-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Unless it's the Outlander with the 3.0L V6 & 6-speed automatic transmission, I would have zero interest in it.

Otherwise, my focus would be on the Toyota RAV4 & Mazda CX-5 with non-turbo engines and automatic transmissions. I'm not buying an SUV with a CVT while something else still exists. Everyone is free to think otherwise, however.

The 2.4 L power train found in the older Honda CR-Vs & Elements were quite good. I wouldn't even look at the current one.

If I could pick any SUV in mint condition, it would be a 2nd generation Honda CR-V AWD manual Sadly those don't really exist any more. I would pick that vehicle over anything offered in today's new market. Heck, that generation still had the folding table feature! I'm really not impressed with the current market.
    I found out about the folding table when I detailed my friend’s 2002 model! I set it up and put my supplies on it, it was very handy. If anyone gets one of those CRVs however, I advise checking to make sure the airbags have had the recall service done. Not sure why they stopped including the folding table.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess_Bishi View Post
    I found out about the folding table when I detailed my friend’s 2002 model! I set it up and put my supplies on it, it was very handy. If anyone gets one of those CRVs however, I advise checking to make sure the airbags have had the recall service done. Not sure why they stopped including the folding table.
    I believe 2006 would have been the last year for the removable table. The 1st & 2nd generation Honda CR-Vs had them.

The first two generations had full size spares located on the rear hatch door, which meant the rear hatch door swung out rather than up. Since the spare was on the outside, some nice usable space was located under the folding table that covered the rear area.

The 3rd generation & up no longer had a full size spare stored on the rear hatch door, and the rear hatch door popped up like most other vehicles. When that change happened, the tables disappeared.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-29-2022),mohammad (08-29-2022)