Thread: New 2022 mirage 5 speed: WOW!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New 2022 mirage 5 speed: WOW!

Thanks to the Mitsubishi website I was able to find a white 5 speed manual that was in-transit to El Paso, TX. The car showed in-transit for weeks, but finally arrived and I flew out to pick it up. Utterly amazed with the car. I became interested in the Mirage due to viewing the Mirage Forum. I love the simplicity of the car and the Japanese quality. GAS MILEAGE EXCEEDS THE STICKER WINDOW, getting 42-45 mpg around town and 53+ mpg on the highway and that is with the AC on! I am tall and the clutch was engaging near the top.....Thanks to the forum, it took less than 5 minutes to adust it lower for my long legs. Looking forward the ownership and will post pictures later.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tehiltz For This Useful Post:

01-7700 (08-27-2022),daleWV (08-28-2022),davidricardo86 (09-07-2022),Dookaughs (09-04-2022),inuvik (08-29-2022),Mark (08-28-2022),Mirageman38 (09-07-2022),precisionxt (08-27-2022),Wil B (08-28-2022)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site and enjoy the Mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tehiltz View Post
    Thanks to the Mitsubishi website I was able to find a white 5 speed manual that was in-transit to El Paso, TX. The car showed in-transit for weeks, but finally arrived and I flew out to pick it up. Utterly amazed with the car. I became interested in the Mirage due to viewing the Mirage Forum. I love the simplicity of the car and the Japanese quality. GAS MILEAGE EXCEEDS THE STICKER WINDOW, getting 42-45 mpg around town and 53+ mpg on the highway and that is with the AC on! I am tall and the clutch was engaging near the top.....Thanks to the forum, it took less than 5 minutes to adust it lower for my long legs. Looking forward the ownership and will post pictures later.
    The charm of these 3-cylinder cars sort of grows on you over time. I really like the Mirage's 5-speed manual powertrain! Finding one has definitely become more of a challenge! Sounds like you did what it took to get one. I hope you continue to enjoy it!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I was told my many that there would be no manual shift Mirages in 2023, so I felt a little pressure to jump on the 2022. Definitely wanted a stick shift. There were less than 12 ES manuals showing on the Mitsubishi website by the time I got mine. Stick shifts are down to the Nissan Versa and the Subaru Legacy (both 5 speed manuals). So unless your buying an expensive sports type car, you don't have much choice left. I wanted a shorter car so that my wife's and my car could both fit in the garage. So I was down to one choice with my budget! I have been very surprised at how nice the Mirage is with all the features that are standard on the ES.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tehiltz For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (08-30-2022),inuvik (08-31-2022),mohammad (08-29-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well it is confirmed now. Glad you score the near last batch of the MT model.