Thread: Does anyone make a large mat for the cargo area with the back seats down?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Does anyone make a large mat for the cargo area with the back seats down?

Since I rarely take more than 1 passenger I keep my back seats folded down by default to have more cargo space. I've been using a drop cloth to keep it clean since I tend to put a lot of dirty stuff like fishing equipment in the back. Anyone know of a better solution? I can't think of the name but I think I remember reading about a company that makes after market mats that have a lip around the edge to catch water and dirt. Also the back of the seats seem pretty fragile. They're lumpy and covered with a thin fabric. It wouldn't take much to tear a hole in the fabric. It would be nice to be able to cover it with a mat.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)

So you're thinking of something like a big mat that would fully cover the normal storage compartment floor plus the seatbacks in the folded position?

I haven't seen that before.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you're thinking about weathertech, they usually make mats specifically for different cars. If they made one for our cars, it would be for all 4 seats and the cargo area. Not the entire area when the seats are folded down.

However, I can see you buying a weathertech cargo mat from a bigger cargo space vehicle like a Ford Edge or a car/truck with similar cargo area and using it for our car when the seats are folded.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    So you're thinking of something like a big mat that would fully cover the normal storage compartment floor plus the seatbacks in the folded position?

I haven't seen that before.
    Yes. I think I may cut something out of some indoor-outdoor carpet or something similar.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    If you're thinking about weathertech, they usually make mats specifically for different cars. If they made one for our cars, it would be for all 4 seats and the cargo area. Not the entire area when the seats are folded down.

However, I can see you buying a weathertech cargo mat from a bigger cargo space vehicle like a Ford Edge or a car/truck with similar cargo area and using it for our car when the seats are folded.
    Yeah, weathertech was the one I was thinking about. I called them but you're right. They only make it for the small back area. They told me to try a place called autoanything but I think I can just cut something to fit. I just need to figure out the best material.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Buy a truck rubber bed rug and cut it to size!!!!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I have a better solution i think, as I always do this. I will put an open sleeping bag on it. It's big enough, wide enough and when it's freezing and you're trapped in your car, you always have a sleeping bag to use to warm up yourself. I also put enough water in the car for just in case am stranded somewhere.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My Mirage came with a pretty heavy weight mat sitting in the cargo area in a nice white bag. I suggest you talk to your local dealership and make sure they didn't screw you...If you got the net you should have the mat (I honestly believe the mat's standard)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ^ that might be part of a cargo managment package idk tho haha

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well the way I see it my logic may vary from theirs but I look at things this way:

The "net" should be considered "cargo management" as it would be physically "managing the cargo."

The actual MAT should come standard with the car as the car comes standard with fold down seats.

Definitely worth asking around the forums to see if anyone got the "BASE STOCK DE" (the VERY base comes without power locks/windows, and is literally as drab as you could imagine but they're hard to come by from what I hear of in the states.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)