Thread: Retrofitting a 2022 rear bumper and taillights on a 2014 mirage

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Retrofitting a 2022 rear bumper and taillights on a 2014 mirage

I'm thinking of getting a 2022 rear bumper and taillights to replace my 2014 bumper and taillights.
    Does anyone know if these parts are just a bolt on replacement or that they have different dimensions?
    I've seen a couple ads for €200 for the (painted) bumper and €300-350 for the taillights.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB201 View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a 2022 rear bumper and taillights to replace my 2014 bumper and taillights.
    Does anyone know if these parts are just a bolt on replacement or that they have different dimensions?
    I've seen a couple ads for €200 for the (painted) bumper and €300-350 for the taillights.
    i believed its bolt on im also planning to do this because the back of the 2022 mirage look good, but unfortunately we still dont have a 2022 hatchback here.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The front looks good too. How can we bolt that on lel

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    i believed its bolt on im also planning to do this because the back of the 2022 mirage look good, but unfortunately we still dont have a 2022 hatchback here.
    Yeah, that's why I thought aswell, but the wreckers here are just really rude and just say it wont fit because of the facelift (my guess is that they don't want to be responsible if it doesn't fit).

The front looks good too. How can we bolt that on lel
    I think there was someone on this forum who strapped the 2020 front on a 2017 model, but I can't find the post sadly.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yeah, that's why I thought aswell, but the wreckers here are just really rude and just say it wont fit because of the facelift (my guess is that they don't want to be responsible if it doesn't fit).

I think there was someone on this forum who strapped the 2020 front on a 2017 model, but I can't find the post sadly.
    This guy is what you are probably looking for. 2020 front on a 2017: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...e-entry)/page5
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

JRB201 (08-31-2022)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    This guy is what you are probably looking for. 2020 front on a 2017: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...e-entry)/page5
    Yes, that is exactly was I was looking for!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    So, I've done it.

I found a rear bumper from a wrecked 2021 mirage in the exact same color as my mirage.
    I tried fitting it today and it fits perfectly:
    Name:  nieuwe achterbumper.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  98.9 KB
    So now I've got to fix the little damage spot in the top right, find some reflectors (€28.50 a piece from mitsubishi themselves, I have not been able to find them cheaper) and most importantly, fix the license plate lights.

Those lights are a good 10-15cm further back in the old model, so I guess the new ones have some extra pieces there?

Also, does anyone know if the 2020 & up mirage has a rear bumper bar?
    My guess is yes, since it should fit very easily, but I cant find pictures or anything.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JRB201 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-17-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    So, I've done it.

I found a rear bumper from a wrecked 2021 mirage in the exact same color as my mirage.
    I tried fitting it today and it fits perfectly:
    Name:  nieuwe achterbumper.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  98.9 KB
    So now I've got to fix the little damage spot in the top right, find some reflectors (€28.50 a piece from mitsubishi themselves, I have not been able to find them cheaper) and most importantly, fix the license plate lights.

Those lights are a good 10-15cm further back in the old model, so I guess the new ones have some extra pieces there?

Also, does anyone know if the 2020 & up mirage has a rear bumper bar?
    My guess is yes, since it should fit very easily, but I cant find pictures or anything.
    Is the middle exhaust tip OEM or aftermarket? also is it a fake exhaust tip or is it an actual part of the exhaust?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Is the middle exhaust tip OEM or aftermarket? also is it a fake exhaust tip or is it an actual part of the exhaust?
    It is an aftermarket exhaust tip which is actually part of the exhaust, I've described it here:
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...001#post131001
    But I'm thinking of changing it, since it does not look good with the new bumper imo.