Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No more stick shift starting 2023 :(

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    That's true it might be a bit safer in some rear end accidents for the back passengers. I wouldn't be worried about theft that much or I would just take my bag with me. They would really have to be dumb thieves to target a Mirage for the *valuable* cargo they can't even see...
    Not just rear end. Its also going to do better in some T bone accident as it has the horizontal cross beam behind the seats. It may also generally do better in Rollovers as it has bracing behind the rear seat which is where a lot of the roof structure is located. The effectively much shorter roof is of course less likely to deform.

Theft really depends where you live, Considering toyota and bmw redesigned there cars to prevent theft of cargo its probably a bigger issue than you think in some areas.

Some people target particularly crappy cars as they know they won't have an alarm to draw attention. Otherwise you are correct unless they see inside of my boot/trunk when i remove other things. It will be just like robbing a person a pot luck, they dont know what they will be getting.

There are a lot of companies like https://truckvault.com that offer secure storage drawers for SUVs, i havent yet seen one for the mirage.

If you think i am being overly worried, a new Apple laptop is well over half the price I got the Mirage for..

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Honestly the whole point of the G4 is lost on me. A worse MPG, $1,000 more expensive, car with LESS cargo space, and 1.5ft longer and over 100lbs heavier so it's harder to park and maneuver. I guess it looks different...
    More stable on the highway at faster speeds. Do miss the hatch utility, but the trunk is ginormous. Also, the legroom in back is insane for the size car. Better than the hatch if you regularly haul people.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-08-2022),vintzend (09-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I think the G4 looks mo' bettuh. But it should have been named a G3...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-12-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is the rear legroom actually bigger? I figured the only difference was what was behind the seats.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is the rear legroom actually bigger? I figured the only difference was what was behind the seats.
    It has a LOT more rear legroom. I'd buy the G4 over the hatch if I got another one because of my kids.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-09-2022),mohammad (09-08-2022),vintzend (09-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    More stable on the highway at faster speeds. Do miss the hatch utility, but the trunk is ginormous. Also, the legroom in back is insane for the size car. Better than the hatch if you regularly haul people.
    That's why I bought it over the hatchback. Haul family of 4 comfortably with junks in the trunks. Can't even do that in the hatchback. It get the job done economically versus my highlander.

Rear leg room is really good and I'm 6.3 ft tall 280 lbs defensive lineman. I fit borderline ok in the hatchback variant.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle88 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-12-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes. Watch the video via link below and start at 4:35.

https://youtu.be/BfC3hY4cjC0

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    $16k = $18k OTD or above for me and that hurt compare to base model Corolla LE for $2-4k more 🤷*♂️
    With dealers and everything else, you're not getting a Corolla for anything less than $26k total price. My new 2021 Mirage was still almost $8k cheaper than a new Corolla. That's a big jump in budget for many who are frugal or poor or both.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    That's why I bought it over the hatchback. Haul family of 4 comfortably with junks in the trunks. Can't even do that in the hatchback. It get the job done economically versus my highlander.

Rear leg room is really good and I'm 6.3 ft tall 280 lbs defensive lineman. I fit borderline ok in the hatchback variant.
    You still playing ball? How many sacks in your best season? College player?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I'd trade with my wife in a heartbeat, her Black Edition G4 for my ES hatchback. I love the 47 cubic ft with the back bench down but the G4 just feels safer, more planted, and a smaller blind spot.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-13-2022),vintzend (09-14-2022)