Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Corolla GR Price Reveals!

I'm gonna make my car electric and it'll be powered by magic. Magic can power everything.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm gonna make my car electric and it'll be powered by magic. Magic can power everything.
    That does kindof seem like the path some would like us to be on..... I've got my doubts
    Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
    Founder DIYAutoTune.com / AMPEFI.com

The DIY EFI Tuners Guide – How to Install, Configure, and Tune EFI!

Killer Products We've Brought to Life:
    MS3Pro, MSPNP and MS3Pro PNP
    More info on MSPNP Models
    MicroSquirt AMP'd!

Patent pending.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    but what of the other 99% of the time, when reactors have been powering countries for decades, like France, like America.
    Decades is only 2.75 seconds of the 3 seconds of experience with nuclear. Just a matter of time ... just a matter of time ... my friend. If some psycho doesn't figure out a way to get at them, or human / machine error get at them, mother nature will. She's quite an overwhelming force. She'll just wait and bide her time, then BLAM - SPLAT (uhhh duhhh we didn't conceive of such a threat ). Followed by, ohhhhh the horror!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Back in 2016, 6 years ago, I would publicly charge my 62 mile range Mitsubishi i-MiEV for free as much as i could. The vast majority of my miles traveled were free. It felt like magic!

Name:  IMG_20160407_223435.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20160519_021524.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  93.0 KB

I can't say that about any internal combustion engine car I've ever owned. I've never been able to fill up my gasoline tank for free.
    Last edited by davidricardo86; 09-27-2022 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    You sure wouldn't want to be around my 1972 Plymouth Scamp ... at ANY time. I think it smells GREAT. And, it is tuned as well as an old-school carbureted gas engine can get. Meaning, when warm it hits and runs in and all around stoich as much as I could tune it to do that. So it pollutes minimally for what it is. But it has 0 emissions. And ... it MUST crank rich when cold, or it ain't a runnin'.
    Haha, I was going to say your carbureted 72 Scamp probably smells rich even after it warms up. Old school muscle cars do have that distinct smell don't they. Those old cars were heavy and they required a lot of power/torque to get them moving which meant lots of fuel! Emissions controls were still very primitive back then.

"By 1967 the State of California created the California Air Resources Board, and in 1970, the federal United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) was established." -Wikipedia

And, I do have a Cummins diesel. You may take note, the Cummins diesels do have a stinky smell. But for whatever reason, the early 2000s to maybe 2008 or so PowerStroke diesels smell THE WORST. Mine has a bit of a smell, I won't lie. But not like the PowerStrokes. And, for a 7,100 pound vehicle, it get's EXCELLENT mpg. Much better than if I swapped a gas V8 or even the optional V10 it could have come with. So, stink or not, at least the Cummins engines are better for the environment than was the gas engine alternatives it could have came with.
    Isn't the diesel engine more efficient than the gasoline engine?

7,100 pound vehicle, that's over 3 Mirages my good man!

Diesels are still the best solution for heavy trucking today but it appears the transition to electric and zero tailpipe emissions is already underway. I guess emissions defeat devices will become a thing of the past.

"LAS VEGAS — Navistar Inc.’s S13 integrated powertrain for its on-highway trucks is the manufacturer’s last new internal combustion engine. It is the strongest signal yet that legacy truck makers are embracing electric trucks with zero tailpipe emissions."

"LAS VEGAS—Navistar's newly updated International LT Series tractor and all-new S13 Integrated Powertrain includes the final internal combustion engine (ICE) the company will develop as it moves toward its zero-emission goals, according to company president and CEO Mathias Carlbaum."

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    How many centuries and future generations are going to have to protect like pit-bulls, our nuclear waste? 20 centuries? Longer?

Here's a little blurb I just found.

YEAH ... I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT! Let's nuclear waste it up, so the next million years of people will realize just how smart us current day people are.

In reality, until we know something better to do with nuclear waste than to just create a target with it, I think we should leave it alone. Our intelligence with nuclear (power) is too immature.

7milesout
    I don't know where you got that info...We store our spent fuel in a pool for 5 years, then send it to dry storage for 10 years. after that decay time, I've actually had spent fuel rods inches from the surface of the spent fuel pool to identify them & not see a lot of dose or activity...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Decades is only 2.75 seconds of the 3 seconds of experience with nuclear. Just a matter of time ... just a matter of time ... my friend. If some psycho doesn't figure out a way to get at them, or human / machine error get at them, mother nature will. She's quite an overwhelming force. She'll just wait and bide her time, then BLAM - SPLAT (uhhh duhhh we didn't conceive of such a threat ). Followed by, ohhhhh the horror!
    Your an engineer 7miles. A learned man. Surely, you can see the viability of nuclear reactors powering our planet. The energy demands of 10 billion people won't be satiated with only fossil fuels anymore, in 80 or so years. Nuclear, fossil fuels, wind, solar, it'll be all hands on deck to keep the human crazy train going.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Your an engineer 7miles. A learned man. Surely, you can see the viability of nuclear reactors powering our planet. The energy demands of 10 billion people won't be satiated with only fossil fuels anymore, in 80 or so years. Nuclear, fossil fuels, wind, solar, it'll be all hands on deck to keep the human crazy train going.
    Simple solution - Become Amish!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Simple solution - Become Amish!
    At least they could survive. The other 96% of Americans would starve to death after the canned dog food runs out. Lol

I was always fascinated by the Amish after seeing that great Harrison Ford picture, "Witness". They really did raise a barn in one day for a fellow community member, with tools from the early 19th century too. I don't blame thing from turning their back against modern society. I imagine on avg, they're much happier than your typical 21st century modern man.