Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: mirage road rage shooting

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Toronto
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    734
    Thanks
    1,019
    Thanked 173 Times in 142 Posts

    mirage road rage shooting

    just found this video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wktubjdrcfA


    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Atlanta Metro
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,937
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 769 Times in 561 Posts
    Where's Berclair? Is that Canada? At any rate, that is beyond ridiculous. Unnecessary gun violence should be met with swift justice.

    Back in the old days, public hangings were a really good deterrent. Nobody wanted to be hung, much less right out in front of the public. And the public was excited for a spectacle and disgusted about what they saw afterwards. It had quite an effect to deter would be bad guys from doing something that would get them hung. Maybe we consider reintroducing that.

    It's not something I would want to see, a public hanging, but I'm sure plenty would. I'm for whatever reduces gun violence. Down here in Atlanta, there's been an abundance of innocent children getting killed by "stray bullets." Way too many. I would be ready to go bizzerk if one of my sons got kilt by gun violence and they average 20 years old. I can't imagine how much worse it would be to have an infant to ~13 year old kid get kilt. Gotta stop now and think about butterflies and puppies....

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

    mohammad (09-08-2022)

  4. #3
    Senior Member AtomicPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NOTW
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,128
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 583 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Where's Berclair? Is that Canada? At any rate, that is beyond ridiculous. Unnecessary gun violence should be met with swift justice.

    Back in the old days, public hangings were a really good deterrent. Nobody wanted to be hung, much less right out in front of the public. And the public was excited for a spectacle and disgusted about what they saw afterwards. It had quite an effect to deter would be bad guys from doing something that would get them hung. Maybe we consider reintroducing that.

    It's not something I would want to see, a public hanging, but I'm sure plenty would. I'm for whatever reduces gun violence. Down here in Atlanta, there's been an abundance of innocent children getting killed by "stray bullets." Way too many. I would be ready to go bizzerk if one of my sons got kilt by gun violence and they average 20 years old. I can't imagine how much worse it would be to have an infant to ~13 year old kid get kilt. Gotta stop now and think about butterflies and puppies....
    It's Memphis. Guess the kidnapping and murder of a schoolteacher wasn't enough. Evil walks among us every day.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

    mohammad (09-08-2022)

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    The Armpit of America
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 138 Times in 96 Posts
    People are nuts! Not going 15 over and getting out of their way and they have a conniption. Earlier this year I was slowing down for a red light and was getting honked and flashed by the person behind me who wanted to make a right on red, while I was waiting to make a left. Like WTF. I have gotten treated this way so many times I rolled down the window and kept screaming until the light turned green. Hehe, at least it made me feel better.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)


  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Whiteville, TN
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    216
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 60 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Where's Berclair? Is that Canada? At any rate, that is beyond ridiculous. Unnecessary gun violence should be met with swift justice.

    Back in the old days, public hangings were a really good deterrent. Nobody wanted to be hung, much less right out in front of the public. And the public was excited for a spectacle and disgusted about what they saw afterwards. It had quite an effect to deter would be bad guys from doing something that would get them hung. Maybe we consider reintroducing that.

    It's not something I would want to see, a public hanging, but I'm sure plenty would. I'm for whatever reduces gun violence. Down here in Atlanta, there's been an abundance of innocent children getting killed by "stray bullets." Way too many. I would be ready to go bizzerk if one of my sons got kilt by gun violence and they average 20 years old. I can't imagine how much worse it would be to have an infant to ~13 year old kid get kilt. Gotta stop now and think about butterflies and puppies....
    Berclair is a subdivision of Memphis, TN, USA. One of the top cities for violence.
    Karl

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    5,970
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,643 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    People are nuts! Not going 15 over and getting out of their way and they have a conniption. Earlier this year I was slowing down for a red light and was getting honked and flashed by the person behind me who wanted to make a right on red, while I was waiting to make a left. Like WTF. I have gotten treated this way so many times I rolled down the window and kept screaming until the light turned green. Hehe, at least it made me feel better.
    I just spent two hours with two girls doing their final driving lesson tonight. Afterwards, I had a two hour lesson with girls doing their first driving lesson. There's a vast improvement over that time, but I am amazed at how rude some drivers are to student drivers. "Student driver" is plastered all over the car.

    Most drivers are wonderful, but some are quite lame. I suspect that carries over to other areas of their life, too.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

    mohammad (09-08-2022)

  10. #7
    Senior Member AtomicPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NOTW
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,128
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 583 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    Berclair is a subdivision of Memphis, TN, USA. One of the top cities for violence.
    And now another shooting killing spree of 4. Attention forum members that live in Memphis: leave!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

    CROSSBOLT (09-10-2022)

  12. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Atlanta Metro
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,937
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 769 Times in 561 Posts
    Yeah, it's almost as bad as Chicago!

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)


  13. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Whiteville, TN
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    216
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 60 Times in 48 Posts
    I left Memphis for good in '89 and went back only for VA services that could not be done elsewhere. It was more fun in 1980 when I first arrived but has degenerated since. Will travel north or soulth just to avoid crossing the Mississippi river at Memphis. I pity anyone having to work downtown.
    Karl

  14. #10
    Senior Member Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    looking into the abyss
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Posts
    4,832
    Thanks
    1,797
    Thanked 1,072 Times in 786 Posts
    For every Mirage involved in a crime I guarantee you the Altima is 100x more prolific.



  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

    mohammad (09-13-2022)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •