Thread: Mitsubishi shares up 84%

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Might just happen (emphasis on might).

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/n...fl-198256.html
    Yeah, to me, the only thing that makes sense is for Mitsubishi to use Nissan's North American factories to avoid the chicken tax but I don't know if Nissan would allow a new Triton with a 100k mile warranty to compete with the Frontier.

When I bought our last G4 awhile back, I inquired about if the rumors were true. The Mitsu GM said dealers have been begging for a truck since the Alliance formed but he's heard nothing about it happening. Mitsu is going all in with the new Outlander and to hell with everything else it appears. Also taking away a FWD option for the 2023 Outlander Sport and Eclipse Cross is ridiculous. Mitsu sold more of the cheaper FWD Outlander Sport than the AWC version. 98% of the time FWD is just fine for warm weather states like mine. AWC is completely unnecessary, more expensive, gets worse MPG, and if you get 1 flat tire, you have to replace all 4 tires if the other 3 are a bit older. I found this out owning a Subaru.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Yeah, to me, the only thing that makes sense is for Mitsubishi to use Nissan's North American factories to avoid the chicken tax but I don't know if Nissan would allow a new Triton with a 100k mile warranty to compete with the Frontier.

When I bought our last G4 awhile back, I inquired about if the rumors were true. The Mitsu GM said dealers have been begging for a truck since the Alliance formed but he's heard nothing about it happening. Mitsu is going all in with the new Outlander and to hell with everything else it appears. Also taking away a FWD option for the 2023 Outlander Sport and Eclipse Cross is ridiculous. Mitsu sold more of the cheaper FWD Outlander Sport than the AWC version. 98% of the time FWD is just fine for warm weather states like mine. AWC is completely unnecessary, more expensive, gets worse MPG, and if you get 1 flat tire, you have to replace all 4 tires if the other 3 are a bit older. I found this out owning a Subaru.
    Mitsubishi Triton was the 2nd best selling truck in Australia (behind the Toyota Hilux). The new Triton in Australia has become a Nissan Navara (Frontier) with a Mitsubishi name plate on it. This is where things are headed. Even the countries that had the Triton are losing the real Triton. If you like Nissan products, life is good! If you like Mitsubishi products, buy one while you still can.

Where both are sold - Deciding between a Nissan Frontier or a Mitsubishi Triton will not be much different than deciding between a Chevy Silverado or a GMC Sierra.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Mitsubishi Triton was the 2nd best selling truck in Australia (behind the Toyota Hilux). The new Triton in Australia has become a Nissan Navara (Frontier) with a Mitsubishi name plate on it. This is where things are headed. Even the countries that had the Triton are losing the real Triton. If you like Nissan products, life is good! If you like Mitsubishi products, buy one while you still can.

Where both are sold - Deciding between a Nissan Frontier or a Mitsubishi Triton will not be much different than deciding between a Chevy Silverado or a GMC Sierra.
    I agree, but AWC vs FWD issue for 2023 Outlander Sports and Eclipse Crosses I have a question. Is it still the type where you can push a button to go back and forth as needed? That I could live with even if meant a more complex drivetrain and less reliability.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I agree, but AWC vs FWD issue for 2023 Outlander Sports and Eclipse Crosses I have a question. Is it still the type where you can push a button to go back and forth as needed? That I could live with even if meant a more complex drivetrain and less reliability.
    Looking at the photos on Mitsu's website. The 2023 EC interior pictures show the button in the center console still.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-14-2022)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

But the diesel engine on the triton is better than the frontier, the right move for me is to place the triton engine on the frontier, i heard a rumor that they will be replacing the engine from the NV350 van with a montero engine because the engine on that van is facing reliability issues that would be a better competition for the toyota's Hi Ace, nissan just release the all new livina here which is a rebadge xpander and mitsubishi just release the 2023 xpander making the livina new model for nissan but old model on mitsubishi..lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    But the diesel engine on the triton is better than the frontier, the right move for me is to place the triton engine on the frontier, i heard a rumor that they will be replacing the engine from the NV350 van with a montero engine because the engine on that van is facing reliability issues that would be a better competition for the toyota's Hi Ace, nissan just release the all new livina here which is a rebadge xpander and mitsubishi just release the 2023 xpander making the livina new model for nissan but old model on mitsubishi..lol

I haven't seen any signs of Mitsubishi impacting Nissan products in North America.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I haven't seen any signs of Mitsubishi impacting Nissan products in North America.
    because here the three diamond logo is more appealing than nissan, the only recognizable achievement of nissan here is their cold AC, aside from their unreliable CVT transmission and expensive parts.

Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    An alternator is over $1100, an alloy rim is over $700, hub caps are like $130 EACH. An entire used engine on car-part.com is less than one new allow rim.

I think id be ok if they stopped selling replacement parts.
    Pretty soon you won't even be able to get the replacement parts. There is upcoming supply chain delays coming. Railroad strike!!! Wow.

Name:  PXL_20220915_071124597~2.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  95.3 KB

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    Pretty soon you won't even be able to get the replacement parts. There is upcoming supply chain delays coming. Railroad strike!!! Wow.

Name:  PXL_20220915_071124597~2.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  95.3 KB
    Good for them. Truckers need to do the same. Mental health care professionals (something I did while I was a CNA) are on strike too. They're not asking for much, just the dignity of being able to afford their bills.

Perfect example, my wife has her Masters in Education, specializing in special needs students. When I 1st met her 6 years ago, she had to have a roommate in a crappy, old apartment complex. Mind you, in the suburbs of Atlanta, not the Upper East Side of Manhattan, and she could barely afford her rent. I feel like a highly educated teacher should be able to afford at least a crappy 1 bedroom on their salary, she couldn't, hence the annoying roommate. Georgia has one of the worst public school systems in the country for a reason. The inner city schools should have hazard pay for their educators too, it's a joke. You get what you pay for people.

When I heard the John Deere factory workers won their strike and got a 10% cost of living adjustment after being on strike I was very happy for them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (09-15-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Update: rail strike averted with 13% wage increase and cheaper access to their healthcare insurance. Nice to see the Rail executives folding after only 24 hours. When it's that quick it's usually because something is rotten to the core with upper management and they know it, they're lawyers know it too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (09-15-2022)