Thread: Brake bleed service manual?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Brake bleed service manual?

What's up with the brake bleed order in the service manual? I have never done this before but it seems to go against normal internet wisdom!

Name:  brakes.PNG
Views: 368
Size:  9.3 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It seems that perhaps the RR/LF are on a circuit and the LR/RF are on a circuit. This way if a line blew in either circuit you would still have a front brake and rear brake operational on opposite corners. This is a pretty common setup on my Chrysler K-car derivatives and the bleed pattern is the same. To my knowledge bleeding generally starts at the wheel furthest away from the master cylinder on most vehicles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not sure about internet wisdom, but was common to me

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)

I guess I don't read enough service manuals. I typically start with the furthest wheel from the master(is that still politically correct to say? I noticed they now use the term primary bedroom in real estate listings now....) cylinder, then the next furthest and so on...ending with the lf wheel. I'm sure I recall using a vacuum bleeder(ha) that said to start at the closest wheel. I don't bleed brakes very often so haven't had to deal with that crap in years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You don't normally do the fleet ones every 3 years or whatever?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    You don't normally do the fleet ones every 3 years or whatever?
    Nope. I’m going to hell aren’t I?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Mirageman38 (09-14-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_B View Post
    It seems that perhaps the RR/LF are on a circuit and the LR/RF are on a circuit. This way if a line blew in either circuit you would still have a front brake and rear brake operational on opposite corners. This is a pretty common setup on my Chrysler K-car derivatives and the bleed pattern is the same. To my knowledge bleeding generally starts at the wheel furthest away from the master cylinder on most vehicles.
    This sort of would explain a question i asked on here awhile ago about front and rear axle brake bias here: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-Brakes-engage
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    i think the golden rule is from farthest to closest wheel.