Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 975 miles: Mirage or LS 460L...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    My condolences.

I say you do you. If driving a Lexus is gonna be a financial burden or inconvenience in any way then I guess you're probably taking the puddle jumper. The only enjoyment I get out of driving my car longer distances is the fact that I'm saving some money on fuel over the truck or the wifes Kia trash-can-mobile.
    Otherwise, I don't like driving the thing very much, it gets blown around, the stereo sucks, and the armrest is invisible.

I went to my grandmothers funeral last month 4hrs north west of here. I contemplated taking my Mirage up there with my two kids then heading home either the next or same day. Then hoping in the truck and dragging our camper out 4 hrs south west of here. I ended up taking the truck, I didn't have to dink around with hotels(the closest one was an hr away in a crap town anyways) or dealing with my relatives. Nobody cares what I drive anyways, most of them drive financed F150's, Silverado's except for one douchebag cousin drives a 15 year old Bmw Suv trying to look like a baller.... Not sure where I'm going with this.
    Sorry about the loss of your grandmother.

If I were hauling family members, that changes things for me, too. I don't mind going long distances in my Mirage, but I don't want to force others to do it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (09-14-2022),Fummins (09-14-2022),mohammad (09-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well I just took the 2018 Mirage on a long weekend - 1300 miles - solo driver with a bag full of CDs. It's a comfy little cruiser for me. I didn't get the best mileage on this trip as I had the air on half of the time, and traffic for the most part was rolling at 70-85 mph. But I still saved $$$ over a larger vehicle and enjoyed the ride.
    Oil change and tire rotation tomorrow at 113,000 miles.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wil B For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (09-14-2022),Mark (09-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Sorry about the loss of your grandmother.
    It's my uncle. One of the best dudes on the planet. He had a huge presence, a huge voice, and played/sang bluegrass with a bunch of good ole boys. I got a feeling this is going the be the most musical / tear jerking funeral I've ever been to.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    It's my uncle. One of the best dudes on the planet. He had a huge presence, a huge voice, and played/sang bluegrass with a bunch of good ole boys. I got a feeling this is going the be the most musical / tear jerking funeral I've ever been to.
    I am sorry about the loss of your uncle, too! Sorry about the confusion there! My other comment was meant for Fummins.

Your uncle sounds like a cool dude that will be sadly missed by everyone. I've lost a few uncles the past 5 years or so, & I came away from their funerals learning stuff I never knew about them. All three of them were impressive in their own way. My mom was the oldest of 6 children, and I was the oldest grandson. My grandmother was only 39 when I was born. I have excellent memories of my grandparents, aunts, & uncles growing up. As I have gotten older, I never take that for granted.

I hope you have safe travels in whatever car you decide to take, & I apologize for focusing on the car discussion more than what's really important here. Your uncle sounds like someone who lived a great life! Those funerals aren't always the easiest to attend, but celebrating his life with relatives & his friends sounds awesome! Just pack some tissues in your pocket my friend.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (09-14-2022),Fummins (09-14-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That's something Dirk or Fummins would say! Are those two influencing us? Lord help us!!!
    I would never advocate for prostitution or alcohol, only medical Marijuana lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Mark (09-14-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Sorry about you're loss 7miles.

I'd take the Lexus, you don't want you're "po-white trash" extended family thinking you're a limp wristed, communist, who cares about their carbon foot print do ya? Lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'd take the Lexus...
    That settles it. I'll take the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (09-14-2022),Dirk Diggler (09-14-2022),Fummins (09-15-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ha! That was a good one! Even for me! I know ... I have a dumb sense of humor.

Actually I will be taking the Mirage. Save money, not roll in looking like a baller. And it is mechanically, PRIMED ready to go. The deciding factor is, I'm going alone. If I were taking more than 1 other person, or an older person, I'd take the Lexus.

I'll reply after the trip with some trip performance feedback. I'm sure it will be all good.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-14-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Ha! That was a good one! Even for me! I know ... I have a dumb sense of humor.

Actually I will be taking the Mirage. Save money, not roll in looking like a baller. And it is mechanically, PRIMED ready to go. The deciding factor is, I'm going alone. If I were taking more than 1 other person, or an older person, I'd take the Lexus.

I'll reply after the trip with some trip performance feedback. I'm sure it will be all good.
    Before you go at least do the "dixie horn" upgrade like from the Dukes of Hazard! It's like a $200 kit I think?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-14-2022),Mark (09-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That would be fitting. I'd rather do train horns though...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-14-2022),inuvik (09-14-2022)