Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    A 165-65-14 Enasave on a 14 x 4.5 steel wheel weighs 26 pounds.
    Just face it, in stock form, this Mirage is a racecar!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Just face it, in stock form, this Mirage is a racecar!
    I drove a car with 12" rims and 145SR12 tires for 14 years. By comparison, Mirage stock tires seem big. It's all relative.

As long as good tire options exist in the 165/65r14 tire size, I am good. Personally, I think decent options do exist these days. Otherwise, I would do a more common 175/65r14 tire like others have done.

When I rotate or switch out tires, Mirage tires seem light to me!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I too would like to go back with 165's. Heck, I'd like to run the Enasaves again. But not at their price when better than decent tires are available at half the price. When I get ready to buy tires, I'm going to go look at some of your detailed tire information and decide which way to go at that time. Originally I planned to do the ... Quatracs, I think it was. But it may take me a couple more years to wear the Enasaves down to the steel. By then, I may prefer other tires.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I too would like to go back with 165's. Heck, I'd like to run the Enasaves again. But not at their price when better than decent tires are available at half the price. When I get ready to buy tires, I'm going to go look at some of your detailed tire information and decide which way to go at that time. Originally I planned to do the ... Quatracs, I think it was. But it may take me a couple more years to wear the Enasaves down to the steel. By then, I may prefer other tires.
    165/65r14 Kumho Solus TA31 (60,000 mile warranty tire) and Nexen N'Priz AH5 (50,000 miles) are decent options (value). I have a pair of both on my car now. Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires are only 12 pounds if that's important to anyone. Quatrac 5 are more of an all-weather tire versus all-season. I am going to try a pair of them some day, but I suspect the Kumho & Nexen would wear better during the summer months. The Vredestein would be superior during the winter months (some snow).

I tend to check prices of tires @ walmart.com, simpletire.com, easy-tires.com, and tirerack.com.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't be buyin' me no Koe-rean tars. Too much time at Hyundai-Kia seeing things.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't be buyin' me no Koe-rean tars. Too much time at Hyundai-Kia seeing things.
    That's your issue. If you find a better 165/65r14 tire value some day, please share with the rest of us.

I just know I am not buying a Dunlop Enasave (Taiwan) for $172/tire. There are a number of Chinese tire companies selling 165/65r14 tires in the States, but my money would go to Kumho & Nexen (unless someone points out a sure winner with the Chinese brands).

Hyundai & KIA don't make tires. To me that would be like saying I don't like Michelin tires because they are found on GM vehicles, and GM vehicles suck.

I would suspect the Kumho (500AA) & Nexen (460AA) would outlast the Vredestein (400AA) made in the Netherlands, but I really suspect the Vredestein may perform better in bad weather.

In your case, you may want to stick with 175/65r15 tires where you have 307 options tonight on the Walmart site alone. No, I didn't count at how many of those are duplicate. The point is 175/65r14 is a very popular tire size.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-01-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That's your issue. If you find a better 165/65r14 tire value some day, please share with the rest of us.

I just know I am not buying a Dunlop Enasave (Taiwan) for $172/tire. There are a number of Chinese tire companies selling 165/65r14 tires in the States, but my money would go to Kumho & Nexen (unless someone points out a sure winner with the Chinese brands).

Hyundai & KIA don't make tires. To me that would be like saying I don't like Michelin tires because they are found on GM vehicles, and GM vehicles suck.

I would suspect the Kumho (500AA) & Nexen (460AA) would outlast the Vredestein (400AA) made in the Netherlands, but I really suspect the Vredestein may perform better in bad weather.

In your case, you may want to stick with 175/65r15 tires where you have 307 options tonight on the Walmart site alone. No, I didn't count at how many of those are duplicate. The point is 175/65r14 is a very popular tire size.
    This is why you'll always be the man on here Mark. Your tire posts are legendary and I adhere to them always! Sending much love your way amigo!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Mark (10-01-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I heard the Koreans have shamans that perform haruspex in order to divine what tires to put on their Hyundai and KIAs.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Mark (10-01-2022)