Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Mirages..

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New to Mirages..

Hello everyone, I bought a 2017 G4 ES CVT from Copart for a good price. It’ll be here within the next week or so. I’ve never driven a Mirage, it will be a backup vehicle. For the price, I couldn’t resist.

What are some things I should look out for? I’ve also thought about adding Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay but this one doesn’t have OEM BT. So I may just get a whole stereo and install it.

Look forward to being part of the community!

Welcome!

Congrats on the purchase. Post the Copart link! What kind of damage? Are you fixing it yourself or having it done?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Oh - what to watch for...

1) Search for the 'rear axle' thread.

2) Also, plan a CVT fluid & flter change if you don't know the service history.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Oh - what to watch for...
    Also, plan a CVT fluid & flter change if you don't know the service history.
    I’ve already priced the CVT fluid change, and looked up how to. The rear axle thread I’ll search.

There was no damage to the vehicle, it was a repo so I’m hoping there isn’t other hidden issues.

Listing: https://www.autobidmaster.com/en/car...YETTEVILLE_AR/

No damage... that's a screaming deal in the current market.!

Have you driven a Mirage yet?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Have you driven a Mirage yet?
    Not even sat in one…

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G4MirageNewbie View Post
    Hello everyone, I bought a 2017 G4 ES CVT from Copart for a good price. It’ll be here within the next week or so. I’ve never driven a Mirage, it will be a backup vehicle. For the price, I couldn’t resist.

What are some things I should look out for? I’ve also thought about adding Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay but this one doesn’t have OEM BT. So I may just get a whole stereo and install it.

Look forward to being part of the community!

Welcome! Always good to have another G4 owner here. I've got a '17 myself. Solid, reliable runabout; I think you'll be pleased.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G4MirageNewbie View Post
    There was no damage to the vehicle, it was a repo so I’m hoping there isn’t other hidden issues.
    Wow, what a find. You may consider to try to put very little money into it and go for the least expensive TCO Mirage on these here Mirage Forums. I am, and would be jelly.

There is not a whole lot to look for, the guys on here are pointing you correctly.

Since you've not sat in one, don't expect a dragster. I thought it actually takes a bit of driving, but you get used to it and the power become MORE than adequate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Do you care to share how much you paid (for the car, the fees and taxes are irrelevant, to me)?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    $4729 plus shipping (which is estimated at $1300). I’ll post pics when it comes.

I got it as a backup vehicle of sorts. I own 2 minivans which I rent on Turo. They’re very popular, and I’m tired of renting or being without a vehicle. So hence the Mirage.

I’m 6’3 and a good 265, so I’m hoping I have enough space. Even if it’s tight for me, it’s just me and only for short trips.