Views: 266
Size:  93.4 KB Well here is the dash. My TPMS won’t go out! ��
    Name:  8FC78C50-9C39-4477-8ABC-156F013FE8E7.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  98.7 KB And the car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I also changed the air filter and cabin filter. The latter looked like someone buried it in a sandbox!

The coolant, brake fluid, and oil are all filled and clean. I have one key and 0 remotes, I need to work on that. And this chirping noise when I’m idling. I think it may need a serpentine belt. It’s going to the dealer Saturday, I have an open recall. And I need seat covers, the moron before me burned holes in the back seats. Which sucks because the upholstery is almost white. Ugh.

Don't forget to lubricate the hamster wheels under the hood so all the power gets to the transmission!

What's your impression driving it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So far, it doesn’t seem as underpowered as I expected even with the AC on. I mean it’s slow, but it gets up and goes still. The stability could be better on the highway, and I have a set of 15” GT wheels. But I needed 2 tires to pass inspection, so I don’t want to waste 2 brand new 14” tires so I’ll wait on the wheels or sell them.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    "The Wire" set in Baltimore was arguably the greatest show ever. That's a rough town, man. Stay safe out there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

G4MirageNewbie (09-27-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    15k oil change intervals?
    I change mine every 4-5k, but cars can run 40k+ without oil changes. One of my friends in high school ran a Mini Coop for 40k without an oil change and it was dependable till it got totaled in a flood. Her car's lack of maintenance was something me and my other friends secretly worried about often because it was considered to be a nicer car for a high-school kid to drive. Anyway, you can't expect a repo vehicle to have been perfectly maintained and that's why people don't pay top dollar for them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Very nice, good to hear that it runs and drives! From what I can see the exterior looks really good. You can throw a seat cover over those burns in the back seat and customize the setup a bit. Very unfortunate you can't use the "15s right now. If I was you I'd hold onto those if you have a place to comfortably store them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    TPMS can be an issue on these cars. They hate when the temp drops suddenly. Could be a bad sensor. I've never been a fan of the type, just says there's an issue, but not which tire. My wife's 2014 Equinox is 3 years older than my G4, yet her TPMS displayss the pressure in each tire. We've got a cheap system to meet regulations, I'm sure. Anyone know if it's direct or indirect?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It’s direct, there are sensors. I bought a set of GT wheels that came with sensors, maybe I’ll swap those out and see if it works. I need an owner manual, I want to see if there is a way to reset or program the sensors.

My 2013 Chrysler T&C van also has individual readings for the tire pressure haha

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G4MirageNewbie View Post
    It’s direct, there are sensors. I bought a set of GT wheels that came with sensors, maybe I’ll swap those out and see if it works. I need an owner manual, I want to see if there is a way to reset or program the sensors.

My 2013 Chrysler T&C van also has individual readings for the tire pressure haha
    A starting point

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...S-won-t-go-off

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

G4MirageNewbie (09-28-2022)