Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi "Renault Captur" ASX introduction

Mitsubishi "Renault Captur" ASX introduction

Mitsubishi presented the new ASX for Europe today.

As became already apparaat, it's mostly a Renault Captur SUV with the Renault logos replaced with the diamond.

One Dutch car magazine commented the press release mentioned the dynamic shield design explicitly, but they didn't recognize it on the car themselves. They also mentioned the new one is way smaller than the original Mitsubishi ASX.

The responses I have seen have been negative to lukewarm at best.

One unique feature, if I understood this correctly, is that they'll offer it in a plugin hybrid form.

No prices have been announced. Renault cars are not cheap, so I don't expect good news for the price. What is notable is the 5 year warranty, Renault offers way less, to the best of my knowledge.

Thought some of you may found this somewhat interesting.

Name:  Renault-_0006s_0003_Techno-160-PHEV.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  34.8 KB
    Name:  nq8ye48ba09l_800.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  44.5 KB
    Name:  iupyfbobce84_800.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  58.2 KB

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vintzend For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-21-2022),MetroMPG (09-21-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Another sad day for Mitsubishi. That's some GM malaise era rebadging if you ask me. Stick a marginally different grille on it and change the badges and bingo!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-21-2022),vintzend (09-22-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Another sad day for Mitsubishi. That's some GM malaise era rebadging if you ask me. Stick a marginally different grille on it and change the badges and bingo!
    Mitsubishi sold its soul to the Alliance. I see no glimmer of hope unless you're a Renault/Nissan fan.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-21-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    That's some GM malaise era rebadging if you ask me. Stick a marginally different grille on it and change the badges and bingo!
    Check out my new Cadillac!!!

Name:  cimarron.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  58.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (09-22-2022),craigq (09-30-2022),Fummins (09-21-2022),inuvik (09-21-2022),Wil B (09-21-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Check out my new Cadillac!!!

Name:  cimarron.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  58.0 KB
    It looks like the same vintage of my dad's 1977 Chevy Impala that I took my driving test with.

Nissan/Mitsubishi will not be much different than Hyundai/KIA in a few years. Sadly as more new models appear, I don't see Mitsubishi having much of an impact. The same trend seems to be happening in Australia & Europe.

Country
    France
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    Mitsubishi presented the new ASX for Europe today.

As became already apparaat, it's mostly a Renault Captur SUV with the Renault logos replaced with the diamond.
    Oh no! I want to vomit Mitsubishi can not and should not become a "Dacia"

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I'll take the outdated, but proven Outlander Sport over this, but if I lived in Europe I'd check it out. It's not ugly and comes in manual, that alone should trigger some interests on here.

Europeans on here, is Renault really considered an unreliable brand? I know nothing about it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It looks like the same vintage of my dad's 1977 Chevy Impala that I took my driving test with.

Nissan/Mitsubishi will not be much different than Hyundai/KIA in a few years. Sadly as more new models appear, I don't see Mitsubishi having much of an impact. The same trend seems to be happening in Australia & Europe.
    We've seen this before. The whole Geo line was just rebadged Suzuki, Isuzu and Toyota's. Chrysler Eagle's were Mitsu Eclipse. Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix. Even the initial Honda Passport was an Isuzu Rodeo. Nothing new under the sun.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Imagine how cool a Suzuki/Mitsubishi/Isuzu Alliance would be.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    One point seems to have been overlooked in the Renault/Mitsubishi discussion.

In Europe Renault is heavily advertising its electric cars, and presumably hoping they will earn a better reputation than what we saw from them in previous decades. Renault style car electrics were absolutely famous! I had one Renault with the fusebox built on a piece of flexible plastic with a plethora of inflexible electric plugs connecting to it. That caused frequent malfunctions on varying connectors and later even got the car on fire. I can't imagine anything being designed more cheaper and trashier. An apprentice would presumably have done it better.

Mitsubishi in contrast is heavily involved in very modern electronics, and also designs and fabricates their own chips. Mitsubishi also sells all sorts of electronic stuff to other car makers for installation as their own OEM. Their car business is just a small sideline in comparison to their electronics.

In the light of that and thinking of electric cars, might Renault be looking up to Mitsubishi as their aquired future knowledge source for modern, competitive electronics? I wouldn't be surprised.