Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rear coil spring part number alternative??

Quote Originally Posted by minibishi2 View Post
    Wow such sas! Good on you buddy. No. This thread, as in its title is asking for front strut OEM alternatives/part numbers.. You ought to read a bit more.
    Wow, such "sass"! Good on you (insert preferred pronoun here). No. This thread, as in the title is asking for "rear coil spring alternative part number".. You ought to read a bit more.

Looking forward to seeing a Mirage with a 3" lift. Sounds super cool.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Banned
    Country
    Aruba
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Wow, such "sass"! Good on you (insert preferred pronoun here). No. This thread, as in the title is asking for "rear coil spring alternative part number".. You ought to read a bit more.

Looking forward to seeing a Mirage with a 3" lift. Sounds super cool.
    I'll post it in the next couple weeks. I'm just waiting on the rain to pass and then I'll be installing the front springs and new struts. I found out the rear springs work on the front also. After that there will be a 3" front and rear lift. Then I just will need to figure out larger tire sizes than the current 185/65s. I also have a front push bar from a tacoma in the works.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    We have a few threads about suspension history!

FYI, the rear shocks could be OEM Nr. 4162A199 (earlier) 4162A219, or 4126A256.
    There are KYB, Tokico and Monroe alternatives. AFAIK the KYB seem to be a bit firmer, KYB-ASIA number 348083. Other regions, other KYB part numbers! Since KYB doesn't sell them in my region, I imported them from South Africa at a very reasonable total price. I have those and are happy with them.

The rear springs could be either 4140A313, (earliest) 4140A319, 4140A466, 4140A467 or 4140A469 (latest)
    I have springs from CS Germany, part number 14.620.034 They are slightly firmer than 4140A319.
    The best alternative rear springs seems to be EIBACH, part number 1160 017 01HA

May I suggest taking a look at our threads about suspension history!
    There you may find loads of info, also about front suspension.
    Last edited by foama; 10-04-2022 at 07:27 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    I found out the rear springs work on the front also. After that there will be a 3" front and rear lift.
    Just to be clear, you are saying that the rear springs will fit on the fronts, and you are planning on installing a set of rear axle springs to your front suspension - is that correct, or am I misunderstanding your statement? I’m curious to hear how you came to this conclusion.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I'm more curious to see what happens if nature takes its course. Presumably a new thread about poor ride, handling and premature tire wear?

I'm all for helping anyone out that could use it. But I'm still on the fence about the thin-skinned variety that forgets what the thread is titled

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

klroger (10-05-2022)

Banned
    Country
    Aruba
    Thanks
    I gave it a test in the front the other day before deciding to order it. they're only 13.68" relaxed in length. And I'm going for a nice 48mpg off-roading build lol

Banned
    Country
    Aruba
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm more curious to see what happens if nature takes its course. Presumably a new thread about poor ride, handling and premature tire wear?

I'm all for helping anyone out that could use it. But I'm still on the fence about the thin-skinned variety that forgets what the thread is titled
    Better to make a typo asking for rear instead of front part numbers, than to be incapable of reading and interpreting information.. But who am I to judge, my fair lady?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    I gave it a test in the front the other day before deciding to order it. they're only 13.68" relaxed in length. And I'm going for a nice 48mpg off-roading build lol
    So you’ve already installed your rear springs on your front suspension and found it works no problems? I thought the ends of the springs were different (fronts are wider to accommodate the struts.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Banned
    Country
    Aruba
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    So you’ve already installed your rear springs on your front suspension and found it works no problems? I thought the ends of the springs were different (fronts are wider to accommodate the struts.)
    Without driving yet I did get them installed and they had no issues fitting the strut inside.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    If you make the front of the car higher, are you not worried about increase wear / failure of the front outer / inner axle CV joints??? Just thoughts as now you are always running the axles at an increased angle... ??? Or are you just making an off road buggy??? Not for the highway...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)