Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rear coil spring part number alternative??

Banned
    Country
    Aruba
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    If you make the front of the car higher, are you not worried about increase wear / failure of the front outer / inner axle CV joints??? Just thoughts as now you are always running the axles at an increased angle... ??? Or are you just making an off road buggy??? Not for the highway...
    There is indeed a chance of slightly increased wear, however the angle and lift isn't such an extreme that I'd be worried about meaningfully reducing these components life and I have 3 back up vehicles such I ever need a replacement part. A H3, eclipse GT, new Bettle are all on hand. I've done very similar to this minor lift on my old civic a decade ago and that car was pushing around 250HP with its turbo. The front end of my mirage is also going to see more weight soon with a tacoma push bar and winch. Also myself and my husband are both lads, and we always are in the car together weighing the front down as well. This car will still do long highway trips.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minibishi2 View Post
    There is indeed a chance of slightly increased wear, however the angle and lift isn't such an extreme that I'd be worried about meaningfully reducing these components life and I have 3 back up vehicles such I ever need a replacement part. A H3, eclipse GT, new Bettle are all on hand. I've done very similar to this minor lift on my old civic a decade ago and that car was pushing around 250HP with its turbo. The front end of my mirage is also going to see more weight soon with a tacoma push bar and winch. Also myself and my husband are both lads, and we always are in the car together weighing the front down as well. This car will still do long highway trips.
    Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Try this.
    Coil Spring - Mitsubishi (4140A469)
    2017-2021 Mitsubishi Mirage - 4140a469

This website says OEMs are available. 2014-2015 springs were pretty soft and Mitsubishi firmed them up starting with the 2017 model year. It might be that they stopped carrying the 2014-2015 springs and say to use the newer springs instead. Rear springs after 2015 are firmer and I suspect that’s what you are going for. The two sides use the same spring.

Folks here are only trying to help, and it’s sometimes difficult to understand what people are trying to say over the internet (it is easy to confuse shocks with struts but they serve different but similar purposes.) The laughs come at no extra charge.

Edit: Welcome to the forum. Nice wheels by the way. I suggest sticking with the stock height to avoid alignment problems.
    I have never driven a before 2015 Mirage but the 2017 has a very soft suspension… to soft. I think the car has soft springs and hard shocks.
    Last edited by Vitaminado; 10-05-2022 at 06:19 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by minibishi2 View Post
    I'll post it in the next couple weeks. I'm just waiting on the rain to pass and then I'll be installing the front springs and new struts. I found out the rear springs work on the front also. After that there will be a 3" front and rear lift. Then I just will need to figure out larger tire sizes than the current 185/65s. I also have a front push bar from a tacoma in the works.
    Any updates? Would love to see the pictures of this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That looks pretty good, like a crossover. Mitsubishi should compensate you for your work. Much thanks for the follow-up.

Perhaps things just got off to a wrong start here. Give these folks another try. Just a suggestion.