Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rear coil spring part number alternative??

Banned
    Country
    Aruba
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Thumbs up rear coil spring part number alternative??

My rear springs have been sagging so I went and put on new struts from Monroe plus new springs from moog. The moog struts are monsters though! They lifted my tail around 3 inches which is nice but only if I could do the same to the front(I don't think such a mod exists on the front..) anyways, I called around and was told you can no longer order the oem Mitsubishi springs! And no actual aftermarket seems to exist other than these 2003 beetle springs. Other than having my rear now much higher over bumps my car feels like it's pounding the ground.. please help. I can't put on used parts btw.

What?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by minibishi2 View Post
    My rear springs have been sagging so I went and put on new struts from Monroe plus new springs from moog. The moog struts are monsters though! They lifted my tail around 3 inches
    What did you replace??? You don't have struts on the rear. Did you get "coil over" shocks??? Post a pic of your rear struts so we can see what you are working with... You say you got struts from Monroe, then you say the struts from moog are monsters??? Please clarify...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-03-2022)

Banned
    Country
    Aruba
    Thanks
    I guess they would be called shocks for the rear. I replaced those with the monroes and the springs in the rear with moogs. They're much thicker and around a 3 inch lift lol. moog 81055 springs

Banned
    Country
    Aruba
    Thanks

Another one of these kinda threads….
    You put Jetta springs in your car and wonder why it sits so high.
    Attachment 24240
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Banned
    Country
    Aruba
    Thanks
    Wow such sas! Good on you buddy. No. This thread, as in its title is asking for front strut OEM alternatives/part numbers.. You ought to read a bit more.

Banned
    Country
    Aruba
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Another one of these kinda threads….
    You put Jetta springs in your car and wonder why it sits so high.
    Attachment 24240
    Wow such sas! Good on you buddy. No. This thread, as in its title is asking for front strut OEM alternatives/part numbers.. You ought to read a bit more.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    anyways, I called around and was told you can no longer order the oem Mitsubishi springs!
    Try this.
    Coil Spring - Mitsubishi (4140A469)
    2017-2021 Mitsubishi Mirage - 4140a469

This website says OEMs are available. 2014-2015 springs were pretty soft and Mitsubishi firmed them up starting with the 2017 model year. It might be that they stopped carrying the 2014-2015 springs and say to use the newer springs instead. Rear springs after 2015 are firmer and I suspect that’s what you are going for. The two sides use the same spring.

Folks here are only trying to help, and it’s sometimes difficult to understand what people are trying to say over the internet (it is easy to confuse shocks with struts but they serve different but similar purposes.) The laughs come at no extra charge.

Edit: Welcome to the forum. Nice wheels by the way. I suggest sticking with the stock height to avoid alignment problems.
    Last edited by Eggman; 10-02-2022 at 11:02 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-05-2022),Mark (10-03-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I read it as a request for rear spring options... you didn't say anything about front struts / springs,,, unless I'm missing something, that could be very possible as reading is hard,,, comprehension is even harder... The title I saw was "" rear coil spring part number alternative??"" that does not suggest anything about front springs... but I'm not the sharpest tac in the bulletin board... Google is your friend, best of luck

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

daleWV (10-03-2022),Fummins (10-03-2022)